Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
.app file stuck in Misc folder

Hi,

I'm a total novice in formatting eBooks and accidentally uploaded an .app file into the Misc folder in Sigil. (I was actually uploading to the Fonts folder, but for some reason it popped into the Misc folder instead.) I've tried several times to remove it, but without success. I left-click, it gives me the option to remove, then asks me if I'm absolutely sure, I click YES, but it doesn't go away.

And when I try to validate the book now, it gives me an error:

Quote:
OEBPS/Misc/Font Book.app. This resource is present in the OPF <manifest>, but it's not reachable (it's unused).

I need to get rid of it! Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Alda
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Alda, I renamed a txt file to 'Font Book.app', and added it to a eupeb, saved, reloaded then right-cliked and removed it, and it did remove the file, so I can't suggest anything easy.

If you rename the epub and change it's extension, so it's a zip, open it in a prog such a 7zip, navigate to the OEBPS/Misc folder and delte the file, the re-save the zip, rename it back to epub, and you should be good to go.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
I closed the file and opened it again, and the .app file was gone.

A miracle!!

Now all I need to fix is the fonts and I'm all set.

Thanks so much for your invaluable help. These forums rock!!

Alda
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote