Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
gucky
gucky began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy
Perl script for ebook-convert

Hello,

I want to call the Binyry ebook-convert from within a perl Script. The Binary says that it can't find the lib libcalibre-launcger.so.
I testet the sytemcall with the absolute path in the systemcall and i added the path into the .bachrc. nothing workt.

Can anybody tell me how i can do the systemcall?

greetings

Gucky
gucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to set the needed environment variables, see the bash script that is used to launch ebook-convert normally
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
miwie
Connoisseur
miwie began at the beginning.

Device: Android, PB Pro 602
At least in the Debian package of calibre there is a python wrapper script /usr/bin/ebook-convert which already sets up the environment. I use this script regularly to call ebook-convert from within a perl script.
miwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
gucky
gucky began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy
Helo,

Thanks for the answer. I think i can go on

greetings

gucky
gucky is offline   Reply With Quote