Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
ScoutPilot
Enthusiast
ScoutPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket, Kindle 2, Kindle 3 3G+WiFi
Is there a decent slip case?

Hey all,

Just got the K3 and love it. But am having trouble finding any decent slip cases/or sleeve for it. For my K2, I've got an Octovo slip case and love it. Any OCTO fans out there know if they are going to come out with a K3 slip or if there are decent/comparable sleeves out there? My searches have come up with nothing that great yet.

Thanks!
ScoutPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just bought this one from ebay at $10.-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It's a great slip case. I modify it a bit by sticking velcro tab onto it. This will prevent my lovely Kindle 3 from slipping out when carrying it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle3_Slipcase_velcro_open.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	61073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle3_Slipcase_velcro_closed.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	61074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle3_Slipcase.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	61075  
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
ScoutPilot
Enthusiast

Just what I was looking for! Thanks!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:39 AM   #4
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I purchased the Belkin case from Amazon. During the day I use the slip case and only if I'm going to read in the dark do I slip it into the Kindle Lighted Case to use the light.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #5
ScoutPilot
Enthusiast

Is the Belkin one of the pleated cases? I had one but was kinda puffy for me. I like my K2 case and was hoping to find something like it. See pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31NSw5r8cVL._SS400_.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	61178  
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
I have this neoprene case and it fits the Kindle 3 just fine. Not entirely a slip case, as it has a top flap, but that top flap keeps the Kindle in the slip case. You can put the charger or a small light (e.g., the Kandle light) in the front pocket.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I've been looking for a soft-back, hard-front slip-case like my jetBook case* for the K3. Haven't found it yet, especially at a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Jack Tingle

* Like every non-Al PDA case I've ever owned, that one came with the jetBook. It one of the few bad things I can say about the K3.
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Unless a K3 with cover fits in the sleeve, the sleeve is a waste of money. You really don't want a naked K3. If you drop it, the risk of damage is greater without a case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #9
cuteseal
Enthusiast
cuteseal doesn't littercuteseal doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Etsy have some great handmade cases - I got one from a seller called sakizome and it's really well made and has a unique look.
cuteseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteseal View Post
Etsy have some great handmade cases - I got one from a seller called sakizome and it's really well made and has a unique look.
Will Etsy make the case to fit the K3 and the cover?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 AM   #11
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I bought one from Etsy, since the old lady insisted on a pink flower crappy one. Lots of variety there, many sellers will work with you on custom sizes
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:10 AM   #12
vega07
Enthusiast
vega07 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
I use the Incipio underGROUND for the K2 and inserted folded paper in the sides to match the size of the K3. I couldn't imagine myself using another slip case because I fell in love with the look and feel of the underGROUND.

It still works out pretty well. I'm 100% happy.
vega07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #13
kate36
kate36 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Check out on ebay theres a lot of good cases for kindle on there and pretty cheap.
kate36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #14
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Unless a K3 with cover fits in the sleeve, the sleeve is a waste of money. You really don't want a naked K3. If you drop it, the risk of damage is greater without a case.
Actually, no. I'm not interested in a cover[1] for the K3, just a sleeve with one hard face, to protect the screen/keyboard when not in use. I don't like naked screens bouncing around in my briefcase.

WRT experience, I've never damaged a PDA or reader by dropping one. The damage has usually come about either through inadvertent bending forces when being carried, or from inherent manufacturing defects (some HP/HTC PDAs had problems with this).

Since I work in a factory, I used Al Rhinoskin covers for my PDAs at work. One survived being dropped on the toe of my safety shoe, at the same time my foot moved, resulting in it being punted against a desk. No damage. Al cases are good things. My smartphone, alas won't fit in an Al case, so I use a padded cloth one.

Regards,
Jack Tingle

[1] I assume you mean a bifold cover, like a wallet or book cover.
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Waterfield Designs makes some nice slip cases for the Kindle 3. Though they might be a bit pricier than you want, ScoutPilot, in my limited experience with Waterfield cases (I have one of their gear cases,) they are very well made: http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindle-cases.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There's even one for you, JSWolf, the Kindle Exo Sleeve case, which is made to fit over a Kindle in a cover:

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote