Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
nkormanik
Connoisseur
nkormanik began at the beginning.

Device: DavidAcisAAJ
Task Bar Notifications -- Turn Off

I love Calibre's ability to download news and automatically convert that to ebook form. This function is so wonderful, in fact, I want to leave Calibre running all the time, minimized.

HOWEVER, there is a problem: Calibre is often flashing in the Task Bar that it has completed downloading and converting some news feed (at present I've set up around 30 of those). User (me) has to click on the Task Bar, on the Calibre 'tab,' to get things down there back to normal. It's a continual pain in the butt.

Is there a way to tell Calibre NOT to notify user that it's completed some job. In other words, just keep quiet, and DO NOT flash in the Task Bar???

Sure hope so.

If not, PLEASE add to enhancement request list.

Thanks,
Nicholas Kormanik
nkormanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkormanik View Post
HOWEVER, there is a problem: Calibre is often flashing in the Task Bar that it has completed downloading and converting some news feed (at present I've set up around 30 of those). User (me) has to click on the Task Bar, on the Calibre 'tab,' to get things down there back to normal. It's a continual pain in the butt.
Go to Preferences - Look and Feel and check the Enable system tray icon. Once you restart calibre, clicking on the Close application X will simply minimize calibre to the system tray and you won't have to see it flashing at you in the task bar.

You might also want to check disable system notifications in system tray at the same time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
nkormanik
Connoisseur
nkormanik began at the beginning.

Device: DavidAcisAAJ
That was easy! Thank you!
nkormanik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
task bar notification