Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finally Found my Reader

I've been thru a few, the Kindle 3 was nice, but it and the Nook Color were too big and heavy to carry around. Enter the PRS-350. I previously had a PRS-505 and it was a good basic reader. The 350 slips right into my shirt pocket, the screen is e-ink pearl maybe a little below the kindle screen cause you cannot chage the font, but its only slight. The build quality is sturdy.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
ShooterMcGee
Enthusiast
ShooterMcGee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShooterMcGee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShooterMcGee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShooterMcGee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ShooterMcGee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-350SC
Congrats! I have the same model as well, and I love it.
ShooterMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Congratulations. I have the 350 also & really prefer reading with it. The Nook & Kindle3 are nice e-readers & I still use mine from time to time. But when I get back to using the 350 I realize how much easier it is to read with it. I am so glad I got it. ENJOY your new Sony.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
cwappy
cwappy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
the screen is e-ink pearl maybe a little below the kindle screen cause you cannot chage the font, but its only slight
You can change fonts if you install the jailbreak/PRS+ software on you reader, like described here. I have the 350 with this installed and I love it.
cwappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Congratulations on finding "your" reader! You scared me with the title, I thought you had perhaps let your precious reader out of your sight too long and it had gotten lost!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Wink

I'm going to have to pop in Waterstones tomorrow and have another look at the 350 after all I keep reading about it.

I decided on the 650 after wavering between the two, am absolutely delighted with it, but it's that "shirt pocket" bit, and the jailbreak tip sounds very interesting.

'Praps I can find a vital business use for a 350 ............... ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwappy View Post
You can change fonts if you install the jailbreak/PRS+ software on you reader, like described here. I have the 350 with this installed and I love it.
You don't need to install Prs+ to use custom fonts. There are many threads on this forum about creating epubs with custom fonts using Calibre.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #8
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Business use = ability to carry "vital" reference material around in pocket rather than suitcase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I'm going to have to pop in Waterstones tomorrow and have another look at the 350 after all I keep reading about it.

I decided on the 650 after wavering between the two, am absolutely delighted with it, but it's that "shirt pocket" bit, and the jailbreak tip sounds very interesting.

elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:17 AM   #9
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post

The 350 for 129$ is a pretty good business
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
The 350 for 129$ is a pretty good business
Even converted to £££ that sounds like gd bsness

Business use = ability to carry "vital" reference material around in pocket rather than suitcase...

That's the one ! [ Puts in little black book with others , doesn't do to use same ones too often ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote