Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 04:59 AM   #1
MadMinstrel
MadMinstrel began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab
Virtual Libraries question

So, I have a big bunch of books on architecture, a big bunch of books on history, as well as a miscellaneous bunch of books in all genres.

It was easy to make Virtual Libraries for the history and architecture books. However, I also want a library with all of the books that are not in any virtual library. How do I do that?

Calibre unhelpfully defaults to showing me All Books, which sort of defeats the purpose of sequestering architecture and history in their own libraries.
MadMinstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:17 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
VL Name: Other Books, Search expression: not tags:"=history" and not tags:"=architecture"

Added: and see Using Virtual libraries in searches

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-01-2020 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Added
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
MadMinstrel
MadMinstrel began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab
Thanks, I'll do that. It's not quite what I asked for, but it works for my simple case.
MadMinstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
AFAIK calibre doesn't offer what I think you asked for: a 'system generated' VL of books not in any other VL.

You could probably do it via a composite column (i.e. one built from other columns). I'll call it #notinanyvls. The column template would interrogate the list of VL's for which a book 'qualifies', if the list is empty it would set #notinanyvls to true. You'd define a VL Not in any VL with search expression #notinanyvls:true.

The Tutorials section of the calibre user guide has extensive doco on calibre's Template language.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:35 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See thread how to isolate titles that are not in a virtual library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert