Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Black on Black

Hi all,

For versions .86 and .87 I have had an issue with the highlighting in the metadata search plugin. The highlight colour seems to be black, which, over black writing, is less successful than you'd think. My normal highlight colour in WinXPSP3 for selected is yellow type on a black background, i.e. black is my highlight for selected.

I'm guessing that for version .86, the decision was made to switch to a default windows colour variable, clSelect or some such thing, rather than using a set colour like LiteGrey or whatever. This probably didn't affect very many people. I've worked around it by reversing the colours, but that affects other programs with settings that depend on it being the other way around. So, I reverse the reverse upon exiting Calibre.

Anybody else have this issue?
GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote