Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-22-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Disappearing Audiobooks

Has anyone had any experience of audiobooks disappearing from their Audible library?

I found two by chance today that Audible had to manually add back in after I phoned them with the order numbers. They can't give any reason but its annoying more than anything. I do have all my audiobooks in Itunes but I like listening on my Kindle Fire and I can only do that for the books in my library.

I am now faced with doing a complete tick back (I have a spreadsheet of orders with dates, order numbers, books etc. I have around 170, at least after the tickback i'll now exactly how many.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I had one of my early purchases go missing and noticed it by chance a while back. Like you they added it back no problem, but couldn't explain what had happened. As far as I know my other 900 or so titles are okay, but I haven't really got the time to go through every single one right now to check. It's one of those things I've meant to do, but never get around to (along with de-DRMing all of my Audible purchases).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
It's happened to me several times. A call to Audible got them restored.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've lost one; I only realized it when I went to Audible to check on the narrator and saw it wasn't in my library. The odds of my relistening are slight so I let it go, but I do wonder if something I've never listened to might be pulled without my ever noticing.

Oh, well. Taking the long view, I've paid very little for my Audible content, so I'm still way ahead.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I had one book go missing that I know of; it was a title Audible had discontinued for some reason. I only noticed it because I was looking at books by that author. I didn't pursue it because I had an mp3 copy.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Ever since my little tussle with Amazon I am paranoid about my audiobooks so immediately I buy any I download them into iTunes, and also put a copy onto my android tablet, so they are in two places, my android tablet is authorized as well as iTunes. I will do a tick back against my library to see if they are all there but its a little disconcerting.

The two I discovered today were both books I had listened to and rated as 5 stars so books I would listen to again.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:30 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Here's something quirky and kind of related--this month's free WFV title, Wuthering Heights, had two free Audible versions, one narrated by Emma Messenger, the other by Flo Gibson, both of which I'd gotten. I was downloading several books just now, including those two, but ended up with only the Messenger version of Wuthering Heights.

Both were shown in my library as downloaded, and the download manager showed both as downloaded until I clicked on "find" for the Gibson, and then it disappeared from the list. Maybe one overwrote the other--which seems unlikely--but I can't think why else. I moved the Messenger file from the download folder and was then able to download the Gibson version.

So ... anyone who got both versions, you may want to check that both versions downloaded.

P.S. Turns out the Flo Gibson version didn't download; I got a second copy of the Emma Messenger one instead. So something's screwed up at Audible, and I'm going to contact them.

Last edited by Catlady; 11-22-2016 at 03:48 PM. Reason: P.S.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote