Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
westofpecos
westofpecos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW2, Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Question CC-friendly Android EPUB+PDF ebook readers?

I am working on a book that involves significant research into mid and late nineteenth century documents, many (but not all) of which are only available in PDF format. I am trying to move my workflow to digital only.

I am looking for the right CC-friendly android ebook reader, that can read both EPUB and PDF, with, if possible, the following features:
- use CC for library mgt
- annotate EPUB
- annotate PDF
- annotations available on a PC ( so I can bring them back into my research database)

So far, I found found that Moon+ Pro satisfies all my requirements (I think) except for being able to access annotations from a PC.

Do you have any suggestions for such an app? Many thanks in advance.
westofpecos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
You are probably better off posting this in the Android section, as its really more of an ePub/PDF questions than a CC one.

I use Moon+Reader Pro. Its the best reader I have found for pdf and epub, but I never do annotations, so I can't comment on that.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that you need a reader that runs on both android and PC. To me, that implies one of the big ones such as acrobat for PDF and nook or kobo for the desktop. That said, I admit ignorance, so kaufman's suggestion I'd s good one.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #4
westofpecos

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will repost in the Android forum.

Do you know if it is possible for Adobe Acrobat for Android to use the CC-maintained library? What about picking a PDF with CC and launching Acrobat for Android from CC?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by westofpecos View Post
What about picking a PDF with CC and launching Acrobat for Android from CC?
Launching a PDF book from CC into Acrobat works fine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #6
westofpecos

Thanks very much DoctorOhh, I have a fallback for PDFs then.