Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 03:03 AM   #1
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Question OPDS Download issue

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, but it is an issue I have on my Kobo H2O (original) with OPDS using either Koreader of Vlasovsoft's OPDS browser app. On both, when trying to download an epub from my Calibre2OPDS created OPDS site, downloading the epub fails:

With Koreader, it creates an initial entry in my Kobo library of a few hundred bytes but then messages that it could not save the epub. The crash log shows the last relevant entries as
["sink"] = function: 0x33e1ae28
}
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: seq=0 ttl=64 time=4.198 ms

With Vlasovsoft, I get to the download 100% message, then it simply sits there and does nothing when the message to select download folder should pop up. I have to cancel the operation to get out.

On my Pocketbook Touch HD, both Koreader and Vlasovsoft OPDS download functions work perfectly with my OPDS catalogue.

On the H2O, I have tried changing the download folder both on inbuilt storage and on an sd card (in case there was some permissions issues), but that makes no difference.

Curiously, if I go into Nickel and use the inbuilt browser to navigate to the html version of my catalog, the browser function allows me to download the epubs. Using Nickel is what I wanted to avoid.

I have just brought the H2O out of retirement to be my back-up reader. It is running Nickel version 4.12.12111, and the latest available versions of Koreader and Vlasovsoft.

I appreciate that this is a very singular issue because it is my OPDS generated catalogue, but does anyone have any ideas?
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
For KOReader, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...29#post3801329
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Thanks, but that seems to be a problem logging into a password protected Calibre OPDS, or have I misunderstood?

I have no problem accessing my OPDS catalogue - saving the downloaded epub is the issue and only when using the Kobo.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My bad, you said calibre and OPDS. Since you said it works on a different device of course it's not related to KOReader or Vlasovsoft.

Could be something about whether you use KSM or KFMon?
Old 03-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
My bad, you said calibre and OPDS. Since you said it works on a different device of course it's not related to KOReader or Vlasovsoft.

Could be something about whether you use KSM or KFMon?
No worries.

The download fail occurs whether I use KSM09 or KFMon.
Advert
Old 03-05-2019, 02:45 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard

Did you double check that you can write files outside of the OPDS stuff?

(If KOReader's settings are saved on exit I suppose it must be so.)
Old 03-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #7
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Did you double check that you can write files outside of the OPDS stuff?

(If KOReader's settings are saved on exit I suppose it must be so.)
Yes - as well as being able to instal KSM etc, I have checked that I can create folders, amend files, add fonts etc. Even the Calibre Connection function in Koreader works correctly to download epubs directly from Calibre. It just bugs me that the OPDS download fails.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:58 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

And I assume the wifi is also working fine?

I don't really have any other obvious ideas.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #9
church mouse
Evangelist

@Frenzie. There are no wifi issues - I can navigate between pages on my OPDS site but downloads fail when trying to save to the Kobo.

I had wondered if the file name may be an issue, but the in-built Kobo browser has no problem saving the same epubs from my site.

As a further test, I tried downloading from a public opds site. I encountered the same issue with Koreader and Vlasovsoft - the download seems to happen but then it fails on saving.

I have no more ideas, but my technical knowledge is limited. Thanks for your input, it was kind of you.