Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-29-2020, 09:34 PM   #1
Tuananh639393
Tuananh639393 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question My first E-reader. Nova Pro or Nova 2?

Hi everyone,

As the title, I'm going to buy an ereader and I'm considering between Nova pro and Nova 2. It may sounds silly because of course nova 2 is better because it's an updated version. But I mean is the more expensive worth it?
I like reading books and taking notes for my work as well. I've never used ereader before and I just found out it could extremely help for my daily work. I can carry a device 2-300 grams only instead of a book and a notebook almost weight 1kg in my backpack.
Should I start with Nova pro to enjoy an ereader first or Should I afford to get Nova 2. Of course the difference in price means alot. But as I said, if it's worthy I can try.

P/s: sorry if my English was bad. English is not my first language here 😁
Tuananh639393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 01:38 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuananh639393 View Post
I'm considering between Nova pro and Nova 2.
I would prefer a Likebook Ares Note - it can use Micro SD cards. Boox devices don't.
Boox devices only if you want to use handwritten notes with other book files than pdf.
I own the Boox Nova2 and also the Likebook Ares Note and rarely use the Nova2 - almost always only the Likebook Ares Note.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 08-30-2020 at 01:46 AM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2020, 05:24 AM   #3
Tuananh639393
Tuananh639393 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I would prefer a Likebook Ares Note - it can use Micro SD cards. Boox devices don't.
Boox devices only if you want to use handwritten notes with other book files than pdf.
I own the Boox Nova2 and also the Likebook Ares Note and rarely use the Nova2 - almost always only the Likebook Ares Note.
Thanks for your advice. I considered Ares before but I prefer Nova because I use hand written a lot and and also don't need the SD card that much. 😁😁😁
Tuananh639393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:39 AM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
For what you want to do, either the Nova Pro or the Nova 2 will work fine. The Nova 2 has Android 9.0 and some hardware upgrades, but for what you're looking for, I'd suggest you save some money to start with and get the Nova Pro. I'd suggest the Nova 2 only if you want or need a more recent Android version.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
For what you want to do, either the Nova Pro or the Nova 2 will work fine. The Nova 2 has Android 9.0 and some hardware upgrades, but for what you're looking for, I'd suggest you save some money to start with and get the Nova Pro. I'd suggest the Nova 2 only if you want or need a more recent Android version.
Having a more recent Android means the life span for adding apps is longer. I say the Nova 2 is worth it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert