Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 04:53 AM   #1
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
One book in 2 series

How can i manage 1 book into 2 series?
"Die Rückkehr des Poeten" by Michael Connelly is the 10th book in series" Harry Bosch" and the second in "Cassie Black".
"Teufelsbande" by Andreas Franz is the 14th book in series "Julia Durant" and the 6th in "Peter Brandt".
"Das Todeskreuz" by Andreas Franz is the 10th book in series "Julia Durant" and the 4th in "Peter Brandt".
Only these 2 books are in both series "Julia Durant" and "Peter Brandt" .
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
The best way that I've found to handle this situation is to first, bang my head hard against my desk or any other hard object; second, drink a bit of booze (preferably a nice single malt Scotch); third, cry a bit; and finally blame the author for putting you in that position.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The only thing I've found is:
1.- To create an additional series custom column where including the "secondary" series
2.- To define a search for series that includes the standard and the custom column
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I have a few of those. I duplicate the book and put the book into each series. When I do a Dupe check, I can see that two series are involved. You can also add in parenthesis in the title (2 series) if you think you might forget or if there are multiple users of your library. More columns don't help me as I have this limited view already with the laptop.

MSWalleck, thanks for the laugh!

Last edited by Tarana; 04-22-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I have a few of those. I duplicate the book and put the book into each series. When I do a Dupe check, I can see that two series are involved. You can also add in parenthesis in the title (2 series) if you think you might forget or if there are multiple users of your library. More columns don't help me as I have this limited view already with the laptop.
If you set up preferences:searching: Grouped Searches(tab) AND similar book (tab) correctly, the column does not need to be shown.
The additional column info will appear in the details (comments) pane

@MS Wallach
Anthologies with more than 2 series included should also be banned,it causes a Scotch shortage around here
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 09:53 AM   #6
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Anthologies with more than 2 series included should also be banned,it causes a Scotch shortage around here
Anthologies with multiple series run perilously close to becoming crimes against humanity. Or if not humanity, perhaps, crimes against sanity.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote