Notices

Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
andrepd
andrepd began at the beginning.

Device: Android (Aldiko)
Change sleep image?

[SOLVED]

Hi. I purchased a Kobo Touch recently and I thought that when I
suspended Kobo using the switch on top that it would display the book cover. However, it displays the Fnac logo instead, which is the shop I bought it in and that apparently has some sort of partnership with Kobo. Any chance to make it so that it has the regular sleep screensaver behaviour?

Last edited by andrepd; 12-27-2013 at 06:26 PM.
andrepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepd View Post
Hi. I purchased a Kobo Touch recently and I thought that when I
suspended Kobo using the switch on top that it would display the book cover. However, it displays the Fnac logo instead, which is the shop I bought it in and that apparently has some sort of partnership with Kobo. Any chance to make it so that it has the regular sleep screensaver behaviour?
Connect the Kobo to your PC and look at the files on the internal storage. You should see a folder labelled as .kobo. Inside that folder, you'll find an affiliate.conf file. When you open that file in a text editor, you should see a two lines of text. The lines will look something like:

[General]
affiliate=fnac

Change the second line to read:

affiliate=Kobo

If you have a Macintosh, it's a bit more fun since you have to jump through hoops to be able to see the folder (the leading . makes a folder hidden for *nix systems).

Good luck!
David

Last edited by DNSB; 12-26-2013 at 08:13 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Some of the options available depend on where you buy the device. FNAC is one of the places that like to put its logo on the device. Some of the other changes are on the "Sleep and Power" page of the settings. The non-affiliate devices have more options on this screen to set the screen saver. And the time for power off will allow "Never".

To get around this, when the device is connected to a PC, go to the directory ".kobo" and find the file "affiliate.conf". Open this in a text editor. Mine looks like:
Code:
[General]
affiliate=Kobo
Yours will probably have "FNAC" as the affiliate. Change that to "Kobo" and save the file. After disconnection the device, you should have the extra screen saver options.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
andrepd
andrepd began at the beginning.

Device: Android (Aldiko)
That did the trick, thank you.
andrepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good to hear. And to warn you, it's possible the file will revert. I am pretty sure people have reported this happening, but I can't think of what the circumstances where. But, if the screensaver reverts, then you know how to fix it.
Advert
Old 08-24-2015, 05:53 AM   #6
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yours will probably have "FNAC" as the affiliate. Change that to "Kobo" and save the file. After disconnection the device, you should have the extra screen saver options.
Hi
where can I find those extra screen saver options ?
Thanks
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicopilami View Post
Hi
where can I find those extra screen saver options ?
All the screen saver options are on the "Sleep and power" page of the settings.