Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2020, 06:04 AM   #1
jlemonde
Enthusiast
jlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to beholdjlemonde is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Clara HD
How to fix "4 dictionary downloads pending; sync to install" ??

Hi!

I had, a long time ago, replaced the dict-es.zip file (for the Spanish dictionary) by a custom one. Until recently, each time I would turn on the wifi on my Kobo Clara, the custom dictionary would get replaced by the official one, but now it does no longer do so: the custom one remains. I have tried everything to get back the official one, but there appears to be no way. The error message "4 dictionary downloads pending; sync to install" is furthermore displayed in the settings, and nothing happens when syncing.

PS: I might have messed up with extra locales a long time ago, but as well as I could, I've put back everything into place. I never patched anything.

I don't want to factory reset because I have plenty of annotations on side-loaded books that I would prefer not to lose.

My only question is: do you see a way for me to get back the official Spanish dictionary, and if possible get rid of the error message?
jlemonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
There was a discussion about that: if Your dictionary files are flagged as read only in file system they won't update wen You sync (this is the attended behavior, it does not always works). May be Your case.

See

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I just noticed another new feature I missed earlier.

You can now mark a dicthtml file as read-only to prevent Nickel syncing it (see https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...ment-596228361).
And also see some following post. The discussion was born because of an old patch that was discontinued because it had become useless.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemonde View Post
Hi!

I had, a long time ago, replaced the dict-es.zip file (for the Spanish dictionary) by a custom one. Until recently, each time I would turn on the wifi on my Kobo Clara, the custom dictionary would get replaced by the official one, but now it does no longer do so: the custom one remains. I have tried everything to get back the official one, but there appears to be no way. The error message "4 dictionary downloads pending; sync to install" is furthermore displayed in the settings, and nothing happens when syncing.

PS: I might have messed up with extra locales a long time ago, but as well as I could, I've put back everything into place. I never patched anything.

I don't want to factory reset because I have plenty of annotations on side-loaded books that I would prefer not to lose.

My only question is: do you see a way for me to get back the official Spanish dictionary, and if possible get rid of the error message?
see my MP
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote