Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 10:16 PM   #1
Ken Hollar
Ken Hollar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi

I'm a first time author on KDP SELECT. I listed a book on the shameless promo thread, but I'm not sure I really introduced myself.
I just like to write and publishing a book is just another kind of adventure in writing. I've been impressed by how cordial everyone is.
Thank you.

Ken Hollar

Lives in Maryland USA with wife and three well-behaved cats.

Daughter is a deaf minister, now living in Minneapolis, who was a deaf minister before she became deaf. She's probably the only interpreter on video relays in the country who is totally deaf. She has cochlear implants. If she had become deaf twenty years ago she wouldn't have had this option to hear again. Before she went to college to be a minister she had a music degree and was director of marching bands in a public school.

My first novel is sci-fi., but in real life some technological advances are simply marvelous ( and most welcome).

She does all kind of things. I'm amazed. A local community band just asked if she'd play her oboe with them. Most conventional hearing people can only get duck sounds out of that very difficult instrument.

I'm very proud of her. She's my hero. I don't tell her that often enough.
Ken Hollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:11 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ken and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #3
MoMoReads
MoMoReads began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hi Ken!
MoMoReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
Ken Hollar
Ken Hollar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks MickeyC and MoMo Reads for the greetings. Sometimes it's nice, especially for a first time author, to know you're not alone floating around alone up here in cyberspace.
Ken Hollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Steve Martin
Connoisseur
Steve Martin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi Ken...from another brand new forum member and KDP author. Good luck, man!
Steve Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert