Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Liam Neeson

Advance this video to about the 5:12 point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQ8_jbPw2s

I don't know which is more entertaining: Neeson's amazement with his Kindle, or Colbert's disbelief in seeing a fellow celebrity about a decade behind the times.

Remember, this was taped YESTERDAY.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks! I usually watch Colbert but missed this one.

Liam is late to the party, but I loved his enthusiasm!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I taped it and watched it last night. It was hilarious.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Loved that! Liam is looking thin, and older than 65. I like to think of him from Rob Roy, good movie, great sword fight scene towards the end. He was at his prime.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #5
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
OMG, that was hysterical!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Jeff should get him to do some Kindle commercials.

If Liam thought the Kindle was fantastic, just wait until he discovers the Echo. That'll totally blow his mind.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:25 AM   #7
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I don't know the show, but can't the enthusiasm be a little bit feigned? I mean, Liam Neeson is an actor, after all, and the question he was asked ("what is your relationship with technology") was a little bit dumb, so maybe he just somehow overplayed it.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:06 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Loved that! Liam is looking thin, and older than 65. I like to think of him from Rob Roy, good movie, great sword fight scene towards the end. He was at his prime.
One of his 1st roles was as as the character of Evangelist in a late 70's production of "Pilgrim's Progress." He also appeared in its companion film of "Christiana." You can find them at youtube.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
I don't know the show, but can't the enthusiasm be a little bit feigned? I mean, Liam Neeson is an actor, after all, and the question he was asked ("what is your relationship with technology") was a little bit dumb, so maybe he just somehow overplayed it.
Could be, but he wouldn't be the only one who is still marvelling over things like ereader technology either. I know I still have a sense of wonder about them myself though I've had one for several years now. It still reminds me a bit of the P.A.D.D. from Star Trek:TNG in some ways. Especially the Kindle Fire.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
He didn't say WHICH Kindle movie stars use!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
He didn't say WHICH Kindle movie stars use!
That way he encourages people to buy a wide selection of Kindle products.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #12
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I can emphasize with Liam Neeson. I traveled for living in the '80s and always had a lot of books with me. I would start out with anywhere from a half dozen to a dozen books and would purchase more while I was out. The company advertised that you would be out from 6 to 8 weeks at a time and then have 1 to 2 weeks off. I was never out for just six weeks and my longest was 18 weeks. Some times I would ship books home because my suitcase could not hold all of them. I would have paid a lot of money for an ereader back then.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:49 PM   #13
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I never had a job that involved much traveling but the few times I did travel I'd bring my current book with me and if I finished it i'd find a book rack somewhere. I always read paperbacks so they were never more than a few minutes away.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I can emphasize with Liam Neeson. I traveled for living in the '80s and always had a lot of books with me. I would start out with anywhere from a half dozen to a dozen books and would purchase more while I was out. The company advertised that you would be out from 6 to 8 weeks at a time and then have 1 to 2 weeks off. I was never out for just six weeks and my longest was 18 weeks. Some times I would ship books home because my suitcase could not hold all of them. I would have paid a lot of money for an ereader back then.
Apache
While I've never travelled for a living I can emphasize with him too. I've been a reader since I was little and I always seemed to have a book in my hand where ever I went. They can get a bit heavy after a while. I much prefer being able to have as many options for reading material as I want right at my fingertips.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #15
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
How funny!
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote