Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2024, 10:03 AM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Comparison of Kobo Plus and Kindle Unlimited

This might be of interest to some.

https://www.howtogeek.com/kobo-plus-...dle-unlimited/

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 10:24 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
For me, the biggest difference between the two is that Kobo has books I'd like to read; fairly frequently a book that I actively look for turns out to be available on Kobo Plus. Whereas KU has nearly entirely unadulterated carp; more does not equal better by any measure. I've never been very successful at finding books to read on KU and even when I do, either I abandon them or I don't think they're all that good. Price would be the next consideration.

That said, neither one is cost-effective for me; I want to read what I want and OverDrive has more books to my taste for free.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2024, 02:26 PM   #3
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Kobo keep pushing Plus at me when I buy a book that's in the programme. So far, I prefer to own rather than borrow on the grounds I can back up the file...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 05:47 PM   #4
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I enjoyed Kobo Plus when I had it. I cancelled it because I just don't have enough time to read. My to-read list is huge (thank you/curse you Humble Bundle) and there just aren't enough hours in a month. If I had time to consistently read two Plus books a month, it would definitely be worth it.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 11:46 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For myself, I average 3-5 books per month from Kobo Plus so it's worth while. When I add in my spouse's 5-6 books per month, it becomes a no-brainer. The other advantage I find to Kobo Plus is that it has one heck of a lot more SF & F by authors I know. For example, I recently picked up Chess with a Dragon by David Gerrold and The Budayeen Cycle by George Alec Effinger while my spouse picked up Written by Christine Pope.

Yes, I know that we don't actually own those ebooks but since there seems to be no limit on the number of Kobo Plus books we can borrow, until we decide KP is no longer a choice for us, we can keep those books in our library for an extended period.

We've both tried audiobooks but neither of us is enthused about listening to audiobooks. I find they are too slow and my spouse finds them hard to go backward or forward in. They often re-read pages in a book and audiobooks are not easily compatible with doing so.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert