Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Aura HD Espresso, Sony PRS-650
Home Screen non displaying recently read books?

My daughter's kobo touch is no longer displaying the last book she was reading on the home screen. I thought perhaps it just needed to update the firmware, so I did that, but there has been no change. Any idea what to do to get that working again?

Also, if I load the books onto her ereader with calibre is there a way to get the series info to show up? - Edit - Nevermind, I figured that out. It was under configure this device in Calibre.

Last edited by Gadget_girl; 04-29-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Used my post-coffee brain instead of the pre-coffee one.
Gadget_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

After reading a bunch about the kobo touch & kobo extended drivers for calibre, I installed the kobo extended plug-in, and removed the books on the home screen from the device, and added other books. After ejecting the device, the next book I opened showed up in the recently read position. Not sure if the books themselves were causing the problem, or what it was, but it seems to have gone away for now.
Advert
Old 05-24-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur

Weird how almost exactly one year later, I'm having this same problem again.