Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-29-2024, 10:41 PM   #1
mdpeterson42
mdpeterson42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New - Ultimate H.P. Lovecraft Collection

Hi all,

I just published what I consider to be the best H.P. Lovecraft collection. I have organized the stories into the optimal reading order. For anyone looking to get into Lovecraft for the first time and not knowing where to start, this is the book for you. And veterans of his work will like this book too, since it may give you a fresh perspective on some of the stories or introduce you to new tales.

Currently available on Amazon and B&N (Google Play coming soon).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D57WHWVG?...

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...

I'm happy to send an epub file to anyone willing to write an honest review as well.

I hope you enjoy!

MD Peterson
mdpeterson42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 08:19 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
The book is formatted so that each story will lead you to one of three choices - the next story in the preferred path, or the next alphabetically or chronologically by publication date. It's up to you!
That's a neat added value.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 02:39 PM   #3
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
What exactly is the preferred path?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 03:21 PM   #4
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
What exactly is the preferred path?
You have to read the book to find out!

But generally speaking, I divided the book into three sections - The Cthulhu Mythos, The Dream Cycle, and everything else. And then I organized the stories in each section into what I believe is the best reading order.
Old 05-30-2024, 03:23 PM   #5
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
That's a neat added value.
Thank you!
Old 05-30-2024, 04:26 PM   #6
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Found it on Amazon uk. Had a quick look at the sample and I think it’s a great idea. There are several typos though - Lovecraft becomes Lovercraft in a few places - but I’m being picky here. I hope it does well.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 04:49 PM   #7
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
Found it on Amazon uk. Had a quick look at the sample and I think it’s a great idea. There are several typos though - Lovecraft becomes Lovercraft in a few places - but I’m being picky here. I hope it does well.
Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I've looked at it a million times and had others review and never saw that. But I see it now - 13 instances! Much appreciated.
Old 05-30-2024, 04:55 PM   #8
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You’re welcome. Thank you for taking it the right way
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 10:11 AM   #9
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
The B&N link seems truncated and does not resolve.

Just out of curiosity, are these all of Lovecraft's works, or only those in the public domain? What do you end up paying for licensing on the ones that are not yet in PD?
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 12:03 PM   #10
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
I really want to get the collection but I don’t want to buy from Amazon 😅
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 01:11 PM   #11
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I really want to get the collection but I don’t want to buy from Amazon 😅
Understandable, B&N is the other option, currently. Google and Kobo are giving me trouble because it contains public domain material, even though it's a completely original arrangement of public domain material and eligible for copyright protection.
Old 05-31-2024, 02:36 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpeterson42 View Post
Hi all,

I just published what I consider to be the best H.P. Lovecraft collection. I have organized the stories into the optimal reading order. For anyone looking to get into Lovecraft for the first time and not knowing where to start, this is the book for you. And veterans of his work will like this book too, since it may give you a fresh perspective on some of the stories or introduce you to new tales.

Currently available on Amazon and B&N (Google Play coming soon).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D57WHWVG?...

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...

I'm happy to send an epub file to anyone willing to write an honest review as well.

I hope you enjoy!

MD Peterson
I took a look at the Amazon preview. It does not look good. In fact, it looks awful. It's left justified with paragraph spaces. Is that the way it really is formatted?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 09:54 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Some helpful suggestions which you may wish to consider:

Your three choices you give the reader are immediately at the end of a story, with no demarcation of any kind to offset and/or distinguish it from the story immediately above it. You may wish to rethink that strategy.

Also, where there are verse insertions, you may wish to use a different font and/or somehow separate it in some fashion from the body of the text immediately before and after said text.

Too, you may wish to join paragraphs, rather than have a space between each paragraph. I don't believe I've seen any of Lovecraft's stories with spaces between each paragraph - to the best of my knowledge. And one certainly does not find them to any great degree on published books.

You may want to reconsider removing the ragged right margins. Although I'm certain some books have that (and some people do prefer ragged right margins), I know that most published books have justified right text.

And finally: I personally think your ebook would look more 'professional' if each story started on its own page.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ANTHOLOGY!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 11:37 PM   #14
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Also on your map in THE LITTLE GLASS BOTTLE, Austrailia should be spelt Australia.
I've never read that author, so it is possible it should be that way... but I doubt it.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 06:25 PM   #15
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Some helpful suggestions which you may wish to consider:
Thank you for your feedback. I liked the aesthetics after playing around with different options, but I definitely do not want it to be off-putting to readers, so I am instituting your suggestions.

I have one question though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
And finally: I personally think your ebook would look more 'professional' if each story started on its own page.
In my version, each story does start on its own page, so I am not sure why it is looking that way to you. Could you give me a little more detail?

Thanks so much!