Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #1
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Aura One and Overdrive: Retained Annotations?

I believe that with my Kindle, I can read a library book and, if I later buy the book, still have the highlights I put into the library copy. Kindle evidently saves these for possible later use if I buy.

My question is, does Kobo do the same? I read a lot of library books on my Aura One and recently read one that I've decided to buy. Will my highlights be preserved from the library book with Kobo?

Thanks for any help.

Paul
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I seem to recall that Kobo does this as well, but I haven’t purchased a book I recently borrowed in several months, so my memory is fuzzy.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilster View Post
I believe that with my Kindle, I can read a library book and, if I later buy the book, still have the highlights I put into the library copy. Kindle evidently saves these for possible later use if I buy.

My question is, does Kobo do the same? I read a lot of library books on my Aura One and recently read one that I've decided to buy. Will my highlights be preserved from the library book with Kobo?

Thanks for any help.

Paul
My experience has been that when I borrow a book on my KA1, the returned book is replaced by a preview which has my annotations attached to it. If I sideload a borrowed book using ADE, this does not happen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #4
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Speaking of library borrowing, I've been doing so with ease using the log in to Overdrive option in the settings menu. But the last two books that were automatically checked out for me from my library have failed to appear on my Aura One.

Is anyone else suddenly having trouble borrowing library books? I've signed out and then back in to my Overdrive account without luck, and no other settings have been changed. Very odd!

Paul
Old 02-26-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilster View Post
Speaking of library borrowing, I've been doing so with ease using the log in to Overdrive option in the settings menu. But the last two books that were automatically checked out for me from my library have failed to appear on my Aura One.

Is anyone else suddenly having trouble borrowing library books? I've signed out and then back in to my Overdrive account without luck, and no other settings have been changed. Very odd!

Paul
One thing to check is if Kobo and the library have the same edition of the book (checking the ISBN is the easiest way to do this). If the editions don't match, you will need to go back to ADE and USB sideloading.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
gilster
Connoisseur

Hadn't thought about that, but of course you're right -- that would explain it. Thanks!