Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
re-download books

Is there a way to re-download all my books at once to my PC? I had to change the credit card on my account because my card number was stolen and I read that in order to have the books associated with the new credit card I had to download them again. I have 65 books from B&N so I don't want to have to do each one separately.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
You don't need to redownload unless you really need your downloaded copies to be DRM-locked with the new credit card number. NOOK devices and NOOK software should be quite capable of remembering both the old number and the new one.

If you still want to redownload them all, your best bet is to use NOOK for PC (or NOOK for Mac) and select the "automatically download recent purchases" box under Settings>Account Settings. That should get a bunch of them, and for the rest you can do the download within the program (which is a bit less work).
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
You don't need to redownload unless you really need your downloaded copies to be DRM-locked with the new credit card number. NOOK devices and NOOK software should be quite capable of remembering both the old number and the new one.

If you still want to redownload them all, your best bet is to use NOOK for PC (or NOOK for Mac) and select the "automatically download recent purchases" box under Settings>Account Settings. That should get a bunch of them, and for the rest you can do the download within the program (which is a bit less work).
Great tips!

for posting.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post

I would like all my books to have the same DRM - if I lose my de-DRM copies I don't want to have to remember what credit cards were used.

I have Nook for PC, but all my books have already been downloaded and the last book I got was in August so recent purchases didn't work. I deleted that book and refreshed Nook for PC and the only thing that happened is that the download button is now available.

The only ways I can see to do it is to delete all PC copies and go into each book in Nook for PC and download it. I tried using bn.com, but when I downloaded a book, it doesn't save it with a real name - 9780553905656_epub.v10.epub was the last one I tried. So if anyone knows an easier way, it would really help.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I would like all my books to have the same DRM - if I lose my de-DRM copies I don't want to have to remember what credit cards were used.

I have Nook for PC, but all my books have already been downloaded and the last book I got was in August so recent purchases didn't work. I deleted that book and refreshed Nook for PC and the only thing that happened is that the download button is now available.

The only ways I can see to do it is to delete all PC copies and go into each book in Nook for PC and download it. I tried using bn.com, but when I downloaded a book, it doesn't save it with a real name - 9780553905656_epub.v10.epub was the last one I tried. So if anyone knows an easier way, it would really help.
The easiest way to manage "all same DRM" is to remove the DRM. The only disadvantage to this is your books will not be downloaded from the B&N cloud, you will have to side-load your older purchases. But this is my, and lots of others, method of choice for being able to keep our purchases despite change in credit cards or equipment.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I do remove DRM as soon as I get books. I also do editing of the CSS and sometimes the html to remove fonts or change formatting to my liking. I save the edited version before reformatting so if I screw up the editing I have to add the book to Calibre again. I should probably create another Calibre library to hold the deDRM books without the editing.

I just want to be able to access the DRM books again if I need to and remove the DRM. I am thinking of not buying anymore B&N books because I don't like their flavor of DRM. I only get free Amazon books for the same reason.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #7
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Kindle Fire, Kindle Pwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
The DRM is linked to your credit card number instead of just to your account? That's annoying.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
The DRM is linked to your credit card number instead of just to your account? That's annoying.
B&N's social DRM is the least restricted one available:
- Encryption is completely enclosed within the e-book file. After downloading the book you do not need any DRM-server to read your book on another device.
- The book is not tied to any hardware (Kindle) or software (Adobe) ID.
- You can share a book as many times as you like, to as many supported readers as you like, by just coping the e-book file. No special program or DRM-server or internet connection needed. Anyone who knows the unlock information (credit card number and name) can read the book.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote