Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
iDONTEVENKNOWIT
iDONTEVENKNOWIT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobo Libra 2 double author issue

Hi all,

I just bought my first e-reader and transferred all my e-books from the computer from the latest version of Calibre. While I've set up my whole collection almost flawlessly, one book, an epub, is giving me issues.

In Calibre, the author appears as "John Smith" with the sort title as "Smith, John." On my Kobo, the book appears under the author "Smith" as well as the author "John." I've tried everything, including changing the author's name to "John Smith I" and deleting the e-book from my library and adding it back. On the Kobo device, the file folder is called "Smith, John" so I have no idea why just the Kobo software is recognizing it as two distinct authors.

I should also note that out of my thousands of e-books, this is the only one that's behaving this way.

Is this a known bug and is there a way to fix it?
iDONTEVENKNOWIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 05:09 PM   #2
iDONTEVENKNOWIT
iDONTEVENKNOWIT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Never mind, I was able to use the Kobo Utilities plug-in to solve it.

In case you're wondering, choose the e-book and select "Update metadata in device library" in the Kobo Utilities menu. Select the author only (not sort author) and click OK.

Somehow the device is confusing one for the other.
iDONTEVENKNOWIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is a fairly well discussed issue. Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=344544 to see who I suggest you solve this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote