Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-07-2024, 06:34 PM   #1
codrut_popescu
codrut_popescu began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad X Pro
E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS

Anyone knows how to deregister the devices registered with Adobe for use with ADE?
I have probably reinstalled Windows more than 6 times and now I cannot authorize Adobe Digital Editions with my email address which is registered in my Adobe Account. Contacting Adobe is impossible and I could not find a solution. I have found that there are some links to the Adobe server like https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/...tLoginForm.jsp but this is not what I am looking for. Anyone knows if there is a link to login to this server with the user password and reset the registered devices?

Thanks
codrut_popescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 11:37 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm sorry, but I don't believe there is any way for you to decrease the activation count. In the past, I have been able to get Adobe support to reset the count, but it may take some time to reach them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2024, 01:19 PM   #3
codrut_popescu
codrut_popescu began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad X Pro
Adobe support told me first:

Adobe Digital Editions is a free app and we don't have support team for it. However you can refer to our forum page for details resolution. Thank you for your cooperation.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/digit...s/td-p/8353699

and ended with

If I had access I would be more than happy to reset it. the support is not available for free or discontinued product.
codrut_popescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 11:54 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It would seem that the only solution is to make a new account with a new e-mail address to get more activations. You might consider using the Calibre DeACSM plugin instead of ADE so that you don't need to worry about activations anymore.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote