Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2024, 03:24 AM   #1
Enelya123
Enelya123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Not showing all added books

Hi

I have a kobo nia and i use calibre to add books to it.

i mark the books i want in calibre and select transfer/add to device. Then a green check appear in front of these books indicating that they are in the main of my kobo.

But.

Just a handful of the books show up to actually be able to read in Kobo. What am i doing wrong?
The books are all in epub format and they are ok to read through calibre

why isnt all the books showing in my kobo?

Im traveling in a few days and I would really like to bring a lot o f books with me on the trip.

TIA
Enelya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 07:53 AM   #2
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverAnghirrim exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
Just had the same issue with my Forma recently.

At least Koreader sees them, but I don't know what really happened.

Maybe a database issue?

Here is the link for Koreader https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM   #3
user105
Enthusiast
user105 began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2, pw2, sony prs 505
for me, restarting the device helps. long press the power button
if the books are still missing, and they are valid files, you need to reset the device, if using calibre, restore the backup database helps.

i am new to kobo and just got my clara bw and i have trashed my db multiple times
user105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 04:09 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it may be worth, I do a reboot using NickelMenu before connecting my Sage to my computer to ensure the database is closed so I don't get database corruption.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 12:55 AM   #5
Enelya123

Quote:
Originally Posted by user105 View Post
for me, restarting the device helps. long press the power button
if the books are still missing, and they are valid files, you need to reset the device, if using calibre, restore the backup database helps.

i am new to kobo and just got my clara bw and i have trashed my db multiple times

I’m gonna try the long press power button route.

I’m a bit slow but what do you mean by restoring the backup database?
And what makes the database become trashed and what does that look like and what to do then?
Advert
Old 06-13-2024, 12:56 AM   #6
Enelya123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For what it may be worth, I do a reboot using NickelMenu before connecting my Sage to my computer to ensure the database is closed so I don't get database corruption.
I’m sorry, I’m a bit dumb but I don’t understand any of this, would you mind explaining to me like I’m five?
Old 06-13-2024, 01:52 AM   #7
Enelya123

I’ve tried to turn it off and then on by holding the on/off button for a while. That didn’t help.

I got a notice from windows when I plugged in my kobo that something was wrong with the drive, but windows fixed it.

When I have added all the books I want and click device I can see all the transfered books. I den click on eject device. I hear the eject sound. I leave the kobo connected for a little while longer so it finish the import of files and then when it’s done the new files added are nowhere on the kobo. When I connect it again to the computer it only showed that the files before the newly added is there. This is driving me bonkers and I wanna throw everything out the window. Please help.
Old 06-13-2024, 04:34 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you are getting the error popup message from Windows that suggests that your Kobo either was not properly dismounted before the USB connection was made or that it was not safely ejected. I would not recommend trying to use Windows to fix it. Eject your Kobo and power cycle it.

The remainder of your symptoms suggest that your database is corrupted. The fastest way to fix this is to sign out and then sign back in. Again, I would suggest using NickelMenu with a menu item to reboot your Kobo before connecting it to your computer. See the NickelMenu: An integrated launcher for Kobo eReaders for more information.

Where are you storing the books you are sending to your Kobo? Preferably in a directory in the root of the exposed storage? Are you using calibre or just dragging and dropping books from directories on your computer?

I've pasted a simple NickelMenu config file in the code box. Copy/paste it into a file and copy that file into the .adds/nm folder after installing Nickelmenu. The file name can be anything but I generally use nickmenu.txt.

Code:
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #
#
menu_item : main    : Dark Mode          : nickel_setting : toggle : dark_mode
#
menu_item : main    : dropbox            : nickel_open : library : dropbox
#
menu_item : main    : Screenshots        : nickel_setting : toggle : screenshots
menu_item : main    : Import books       : nickel_misc    : rescan_books_full
menu_item : main    : Toggle Auto USB    : nickel_setting : toggle : auto_usb_gadget
menu_item : main    : USB Connect        : nickel_misc    : force_usb_connection
##
menu_item : main     : Reboot            : power          : reboot
menu_item : main     : Shutdown          : power          : shutdown
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #

menu_item : reader  : Dark Mode          : nickel_setting : toggle : dark_mode
#
menu_item : reader  : Reboot             : power           : reboot
#
menu_item : library : Dark Mode          : nickel_setting : toggle : dark_mode
#
menu_item : library : Screenshots        : nickel_setting : toggle : screenshots
menu_item : library : USB Connect        : nickel_misc    : force_usb_connection
menu_item : library : Reboot             : power          : reboot
menu_item : library : Shutdown           : power          : shutdown
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:26 AM   #9
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Power cycling means turning the Kobo completely off by long pressing the power button. You’ve already done that before, so now you know the geek term for the process. Usually, I wait ten seconds before powering the Kobo back on, but some ppl wait thirty seconds.

Signing out and signing back in means to go to More>Settings>Accounts>Sign out. This will remove your database from the Kobo, then reinstall it when you sign back in. Database corruption can happen if you’re not careful when ejecting from your computer, but there’s also a database corruption bug out there that some ppl encounter.

Sometimes you can try More>Settings>Device information>Advanced>Repair. This usually fixes database errors with purchased books and library loans.

You asked us to describe the help as if you were five. If my explanation is still too technical, just let us know where you’re getting confused. More information helps us help you better. And don’t worry. You’ll be up to speed in no time.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo nia, not showing all books, problem transferring