Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
Bryanhoop
Bryanhoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Best sideloaded dictionary?

I have a blacklisted PW2 that cannot use the default Kindle dictionary. But I am able to use a .mobi dictionary (WordNet 3 Easy) by sideloading it. I have tried some other e-reader dictionaries but the WordNet 3 Easy is the only one that seems to integrate with the Kindle UI, the rest are not available to select as the default dictionary when long-pressing words.

The only issue is that the WordNet 3 Easy dictionary isn't very good, and lacks a lot of definitions that I need.

Are there any other dictionaries that can be sideloaded like the WordNet 3 Easy that contain more word definitions?
Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #2
Bryanhoop
Bryanhoop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I luckily found a copy of the New Oxford American Dictionary in my Calibre library, apparently from one of my old registered Kindles. I sideloaded it and it is working fine!

Bryanhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert