Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2024, 05:31 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Forgotten Password

I had forgotten my Kobo login password. I'm guessing I know the answer to the following question, but I'm hoping I don't.

Is there any way to change your account password and re-login in with each Kobo, without having to start from scratch? I have certain books on certain Kobos and I want to keep it that way.

Ironically, the only Kobo that (apparently) has the right password is my Mini, and I can still use it to buy books. It uses the same firmware 4.35.xxx as the other Kobos.

I think I remember the password now but, apparently, I'm locked out forever once I use up my five attempts. Don't most sites have a 24 hour wait, or some other option?

Mostly just complaining. I realize it was own my own stupidity (or senility) that got me to this point.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-21-2024 at 05:34 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 11:29 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This may work. Make a copy of the visible partition when you plug the Kobo into the computer. Make a separate copy of the database.

log out and log back in on the Kobo. Have a look at the database and copy the account info from the database and put it in the old database. Then put everything eveything back on the Kobo.

That should do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote