Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2024, 11:25 AM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
First you need to turn on Sharing in windows (ONLY DO this is for a Network set to PRIVATE) on BOTH

NOTE: I avoid sharing apps that allow skirting the Routers protections that are left on.

My routers Firewall log shows even attempts to get a my Content server (no port forward set hole) several times a month. These are pros, that found my (WAN) IP via posts (probably linked to Calibre topics) and tried .

Microsoft has tips on setting up sharing (use official sites only for security issues unless you are a GURU level)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PrivatNet.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	208316  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:02 PM   #32
Chocky
Addict
Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Chocky can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
OK, now I can use the network on the PC to show the Laptop, (after jumping through a few hoops), and I can copy the Calibre folder to the laptop's desktop.

Strange that I still cannot see the C and D drives on the Laptop all I get is this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LAN 01.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	208317  
Chocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:08 PM   #33
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
First you need to turn on Sharing in windows (ONLY DO this is for a Network set to PRIVATE) on BOTH

NOTE: I avoid sharing apps that allow skirting the Routers protections that are left on.

My routers Firewall log shows even attempts to get a my Content server (no port forward set hole) several times a month. These are pros, that found my (WAN) IP via posts (probably linked to Calibre topics) and tried .

Microsoft has tips on setting up sharing (use official sites only for security issues unless you are a GURU level)
Why both?

It's best to only have one machine on the LAN sharing and then copy to it from the others?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:10 PM   #34
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
You could try Warpinatior works with Linux. Windows and Android. It is very secure.

bernie
It's also horrible for flexibility. I turn it off in startup and use rsync.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:35 PM   #35
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I only open it when I need to transfer files to or from my phone.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's also horrible for flexibility. I turn it off in startup and use rsync.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 02:28 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Why both?

It's best to only have one machine on the LAN sharing and then copy to it from the others?
Because that was what I did since W3.11 (WFWG) (OMG 3+ decades)

OK, I do tend to do (move / copy files) both ways on occasion.
eg. I may download the latest Calibre on my Intake PC and simply use that installer on my Main PC.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote