Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 03:35 AM   #1366
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
As far as I can tell, Kobo's battery meter has significant drift based on your charging habits. If you try to follow the guidance of keeping the battery between 25 - 75%, the meter starts to think that 75% charged is 100% charged, because it never goes above that point. I now have a > 20% disparity between what the battery icon reports and what the voltage indicates about the charge level. I'll try doing a full charge next time to see if I can get them to line up again.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 01:55 PM   #1367
WormGod
WormGod began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just curious as to whether anyone has modified the battcalc.sh script for other Kobo ereaders? As far as I can tell, the Clara HD and Sage only supply two of the values so not that informative.
I've been playing around with it off and on on the Clara HD, and it looks like the values that it has are:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:47 uevent
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 status
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 time_to_full_now
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 capacity
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 voltage_now
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 voltage_min_design
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 type
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 time_to_empty_now
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 temp
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 technology
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 present
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jun 7 09:48 power
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 health
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Jun 7 09:48 current_now

Unfortunately, no voltage_max or charge_full.
WormGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #1368
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I made an update for my battery statistics calculation script.
I have obviously missed doing something basic in trying to set this up on my libra 2. What am I doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	32
Size:	472.2 KB
ID:	208867  
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #1369
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My guess would be that you copied the script into a text editor that uses Windows line endings (CRLF), instead of Linux line endings (LF). You need to use a different text editor, such as Notepad++, to convert the script to Linux line endings. I use MadEdit for such purposes, myself.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #1370
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
My guess would be that you copied the script into a text editor that uses Windows line endings (CRLF), instead of Linux line endings (LF). You need to use a different text editor, such as Notepad++, to convert the script to Linux line endings. I use MadEdit for such purposes, myself.
I did use notepad++ but will check the line endings. Thanks.

Edit: Telnet to my libra 2 shows the file structure to be similar to the Clara HD listed a couple of posts above.

Last edited by jillmess; Today at 04:14 AM.
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel