Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Today, 08:29 AM   #37366
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You chose to bring the kids.
Wow. As opposed to what, leaving them to hold down the fort at home alone?

Parents have a hard time and they've got a lot to juggle. The intolerance and censoriousness of this comment are breathtaking. I'm childless myself, btw.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #37367
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Wow. As opposed to what, leaving them to hold down the fort at home alone?

Parents have a hard time and they've got a lot to juggle. The intolerance and censoriousness of this comment are breathtaking. I'm childless myself, btw.
The thing is, there are a lot of people who don't quite qualify for a blue badge yet would benefit from being able to hopefully park closer to the store or to have more disabled spaces.

The parent/child spaces should not been at the front of the parking lot. Maybe in the middle. Not everyone has that many kids at once who are young enough that you need have a stroller for all of them. When I was in a stroller, my sister was well past stroller age.

I really do not like the parent/child spaces. When my sister and I were young, there were no such thing. My mother had to deal in a normal parking space. My sister's two kids are closer in age and she didn't have parent/child parking spaces.

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 10:04 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #37368
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
^^So because you weren't in a position to benefit from something, no one else should, ever?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:09 AM   #37369
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
^^So because you weren't in a position to benefit from something, no one else should, ever?
I think it's not a good idea to make the parent/child space at the front of the lot.

The other problem is that a parent/child will park there when they don't actually need space.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness