Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2024, 10:43 PM   #1336
Asyd Rayn
Asyd Rayn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis/Kobo Libra Colour
Love this little app - I have a quick question: In my settings, I have wifi on/off -- it takes a while for the wifi to make a connection with my saved WiFi networks. Is this normal behavior in NickelMenu? It's PDQ when not using NickelMenu and simply turning on the Wifi option.

Also, is there a string to be used to auto-connect when I click the sync button or whenever I use something that needs wifi, similar to auto USB connect without the prompt?
Asyd Rayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #1337
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I made an update for my battery statistics calculation script. It now also calculates the remaining percentage from the battery's voltage, which I've found to be a more reliable capacity indicator than either the mAh-based estimate or Nickel's built-in estimate. I removed some trailing zeroes on the voltage line to make more room for displaying the extra statistic. Here's the new script:

Code:
# Battery Statistics Calculator 1.1 (2024-05-25) by Aleron Ives
#
# This script calculates battery statistics for the Kobo Libra 2.
# Check the contents of /sys/class/power_supply/ if you use a different
# model to ensure that the statistics you want to track are available.
#
# You can use NickelMenu to invoke this script like so:
# menu_item :main :Battery :cmd_output :500 :/mnt/onboard/.adds/battcalc.sh

# Gather the necessary statistics

meter=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/capacity)
v_now=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/voltage_now)
v_min=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/voltage_min)
v_max=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/voltage_max)
c_now=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_now)
c_full=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_full)
c_dfull=$(cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_full_design)

# Format the statistics

let v_pct=$v_max-$v_now; let v_pct/=7000 # Calculate charge percentage from V
let v_pct=100-$v_pct                     # "
let v_now/=1000; let v_min/=10000; let v_max/=10000  # Convert to V
let c_now/=1000; let c_full/=1000; let c_dfull/=1000 # Convert to mAh
let v_nowr=$v_now%1000; let v_now/=1000 # Simulate floating-point arithmetic
let v_minr=$v_min%100; let v_min/=100   # "
let v_maxr=$v_max%100; let v_max/=100   # "
let charge=$c_now*100/$c_full     # Calculate charge percentage from mAh
let c_health=$c_full*100/$c_dfull # Calculate health percentage from mAh

# Display the results

echo Capacity: $c_now mAh / $charge% / $meter%
echo Voltage: $v_min.$v_minr V / $v_now.$v_nowr V / $v_max.$v_maxr V / $v_pct%
echo Health: $c_full mAh / $c_dfull mAh / $c_health%
If you're using the Libra Colour, you'll want to change the v_pct divisor from 7000 to 9000, since the Libra Colour charges its battery to 4.4 V, rather than 4.2 V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_battcalc2.png
Views:	13
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	208591  
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #1338
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I made an update for my battery statistics calculation script. It now also calculates the remaining percentage from the battery's voltage, which I've found to be a more reliable capacity indicator than either the mAh-based estimate or Nickel's built-in estimate. I removed some trailing zeroes on the voltage line to make more room for displaying the extra statistic. Here's the new script:

Code:
# Battery Statistics Calculator 1.1 (2024-05-25) by Aleron Ives
#
# This script calculates battery statistics for the Kobo Libra 2.
# Check the contents of /sys/class/power_supply/ if you use a different
# model to ensure that the statistics you want to track are available.
#
#
Hi Aleron, thanks for the battery script.
What number of v_pct divisor for Clara 2E (3.7 V)?
Thanks

Last edited by hatuluang; Yesterday at 07:05 PM.
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM   #1339
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Enable telnet with devmodeon, cd into /sys/class/power_supply/ and use the ls command to see what's there. You can use cat to view the contents of the various statistics.
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM   #1340
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hatuluang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Enable telnet with devmodeon, cd into /sys/class/power_supply/ and use the ls command to see what's there. You can use cat to view the contents of the various statistics.
Thanks,
I am using your nm syntax (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=993)
to get /sys/class/power_supply/ and compare to your latest battery calculation (image attached)

The difference in current voltage is 4.11 vs 4.10, while the calculated percentage by dividing (current capacity / maximum capacity) is 81%

So it is ok to use battery calculation for Libra to Clara 2E or does it need to be changed?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	result.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	208593  
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #1341
Aleron Ives
Wizard

Oh nice, it seems the Clara 2E has all the statistics, too.

It looks like v_max is the same (4.2 V), but v_min is not (3.6 instead of 3.5 V). You should change the v_pct divisor from 7000 to 6000.

I do wonder if the Libra 2 reports v_min incorrectly. I've noticed that the charge drops off rapidly below 3.6 V, so perhaps 3.52 V is not the real minimum.
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #1342
hatuluang
Connoisseur

Quote:
Oh nice, it seems the Clara 2E has all the statistics, too.

It looks like v_max is the same (4.2 V), but v_min is not (3.6 instead of 3.5 V). You should change the v_pct divisor from 7000 to 6000.

I do wonder if the Libra 2 reports v_min incorrectly. I've noticed that the charge drops off rapidly below 3.6 V, so perhaps 3.52 V is not the real minimum.
Thanks,
Please find the results with v_pct divisor = 6000
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	22
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	208606  

Last edited by hatuluang; Yesterday at 10:00 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM   #1343
Aleron Ives
Wizard

It's good to see that the Clara 2E also reports nonsensical voltage values sometimes. If your battery were really at 4.6 V, your Clara would probably be on fire. The middle value should always be between 3.6 and 4.2, but sysfs doesn't always report real numbers, especially during charging.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #1344
hatuluang
Connoisseur

Quote:
It's good to see that the Clara 2E also reports nonsensical voltage values sometimes. If your battery were really at 4.6 V, your Clara would probably be on fire. The middle value should always be between 3.6 and 4.2, but sysfs doesn't always report real numbers, especially during charging.
You are right, thanks a lot.

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel