Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-27-2024, 08:07 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
So kepub is a custom epub (extra spans) using a customised Readium?

It used to treat em and pt on a first line indent differently. The RMSK/ADE treats 12pt same as 1em on indents, as it should. I should take a look again. Not used kepub since I used an original Aura H2O.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-27-2024 at 08:10 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 09:10 AM   #17
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would also notice. Especially lack of hyphens, kerning, the wider space between words, and the partial first line of the next page.
Some of those issues are not issues but lack of features. As I said in a previous post, the new rendering engine supports very well epub3. So to add hyphens you could employ for example Hyphenator, a js library. The script first detects if there is native support for hyphens; if it finds, then do nothing. But if there is not present native support (as happens in Kobo), then the script adds hyphens where is needed. You also can have wider space between words by using the property "word-spacing: npx". Regarding the partial line; I didn't notice it in Android. On Kobo for Desktop (PC) the partial line is there but Kobo for Desktop still uses the old engine.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote