Notices

Old 06-06-2024, 02:10 PM   #136
noteon
Connoisseur
noteon is on a distinguished road

Device: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
FWIW, I am thinking of making the addition of the accessibility schema metadata contingent on no mathml, no javascript, no multi-media instead of aborting if they are detected in a future release of Access-Aide as that sounds like a good compromise.

That way one plugin works in both cases.
That makes sense.

I can't get past the "Not a valid plugin" error. I've gone through everything at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=337608. Are there more current installation instructions somewhere?
noteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 02:55 PM   #137
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
What I posted posted for you is NOT a plugin. It is instead a python program used by a plugin in this case Access-Aide. The exact instructions on how to use it was in that post.

I will repeat it here:

Quote:
Download and unzip it to create a file called "plugin.py"

Then go to your Sigil Preferences Folder, into the plugins folder and then into the Access-Aide folder. Copy in this new plugin.py to replace its namesake inside the Access-Aide folder.

Completely exit out of Sigil. Then fire up Sigil.

Your Access-Aide plugin will now have been modified to not abort if mathml, javascripts or multi-media are used in the epub. But at the same time it will no longer update the opf metadata to add any accessibility metadata.

It is a very easy set of delete changes from the original plugin.py code so unless I over deleted something this should work.

Please give that a try and let me know if you run into any difficulties.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 02:57 PM   #138
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by noteon View Post
That makes sense.

I can't get past the "Not a valid plugin" error. I've gone through everything at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=337608. Are there more current installation instructions somewhere?
What you will need to do is to locate the plugin directory and replace the plugin.py file with the plugin.py from the .zip file. On a Window system, that directory is located in AppData. Full path is C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\Access-Aide.

I've attached a copy of Access Aide 0.97 with the modified plugin.py to this message. It should install as a plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Access-Aide_modded.zip (31.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 06-06-2024 at 04:51 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 03:00 PM   #139
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
@DNSB,

Thank you. I was pressed for time and did not understand that people might mistake it for a plugin. I should have instead posted what you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What you will need to do is to locate the plugin directory and replace the plugin.py file with the plugin.py from the .zip file. On a Window system, that directory is located in AppData. Full path is C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\Access-Aide.

I've attached a copy of Access Aide 0.97 with the modified plugin.py to this message. It should install as a plugin.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 04:02 PM   #140
noteon
Connoisseur
noteon is on a distinguished road

Device: Many
So sorry, I didn't read carefully. Thanks again.
noteon is offline   Reply With Quote