Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2024, 09:39 AM   #181
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnar View Post
and Tolino is probably dying, with weltbild now ceasing operations.
That is a ridiculous statement, as Weltbild was a relatively small part of Tolino. I addition to that, Thalia is looking to buy a lot of Weltbild assets and may take over their ebook operations.

1/3 of Tolino is owned by Thalia alone. To be honest, I think that Thalia is playing the long game where they either buy smaller Tolino partner or just wait them out.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2024, 10:45 AM   #182
Laen
Laen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo - 128GB intern, Toline Vision color as Kobo Libra Color
is there today for a vision color?

I mean in the Kobo ereader.con is
[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true

but nothing to see in the Menü
Laen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2024, 03:04 AM   #183
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
By the way, Thalia really did take over all of Weltbild ebook operations and as far as I understand they’ll migrate all Weltbild accounts.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2024, 05:21 AM   #184
Laen

ok i make a libra color out of my vision color through that manual
in Post 176
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=176

the one downside i see is no automatic Updates possible
Old 09-19-2024, 09:26 AM   #185
Laen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Of course, not. Tolino ereaders have never used KoboRoot.tgz and the current v5.0 code is for installing on Tolinos. Copy update.zip to the root directory is the Tolino equivalent of copy KoboRoot.tgz to the .kobo directory.

That's hardly the list of items breaking that I asked for. You did say that "it breaks too many things" and I asked for a list of those things.

I would suggest that you either supply your list of multiple items that break or be quiet on the topic until you have something useful to share with the community.
not full correct. the update file 4.XX to 5.1.184318 des vision color has the Koboroot.tgz in it.

as a late hint

Last edited by Laen; 09-20-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2024, 09:33 AM   #186
Laen

doppelpost

Last edited by Laen; 09-20-2024 at 01:11 PM.