Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 03:20 PM   #1141
bopuc
livin' with ebooks
bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Location: Berlin (DE), winters in Aomori (JP), from Montréal (CA)
Device: Libra2, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I wrote a tool for that, https://github.com/pgaskin/qrc. You can also find extracted firmware files here.
Wow, this is great. Thank you.

So basically: I "just" roughly guess what UI element a section of QSS is affecting, try patching it to see what it does, rinse/repeat?

Now if only the QML was also accessible 😅

(I've been building web stuff since 1995. One of my first jobs was doing the embedded web-based UI for ruggedized WiFi routers. Poking through the extracted resources linked above brings back memories. e.g.: resources for multiple devices and partner branded editions all living in the same directory…)
bopuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #1142
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopuc View Post
Wow, this is great. Thank you.

So basically: I "just" roughly guess what UI element a section of QSS is affecting, try patching it to see what it does, rinse/repeat?

Now if only the QML was also accessible 😅

(I've been building web stuff since 1995. One of my first jobs was doing the embedded web-based UI for ruggedized WiFi routers. Poking through the extracted resources linked above brings back memories. e.g.: resources for multiple devices and partner branded editions all living in the same directory…)
Nickel is QtWidgets, not QML. You'll have to reverse the setupui functions if you want to conclusively determine what is what. There is also a ShowWidget dev option which draws widget names.

But yeah, it's mostly trial and error until you develop an intuition for how nickel works.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests