Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Today, 01:47 AM   #3031
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
For once I'd like to see an aro-ace protagonist for a cozy mystery. If I wanted romance, I'd read a romance book.
I'd like to see them in other genres too (as I seldom read cozy anything), but so far they've been pretty rare. Of course people like us are probably pretty rare in real life too, but no one knows for sure.

There have been some SF series with non-human protagonists who are pretty much aro/ace. In mysteries and thrillers, though... can't think of any at the moment (which doesn't mean they don't exist).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:53 AM   #3032
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
You always learn something new here. Had to google what aro-ace is supposed to be - never heard of it before
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:25 AM   #3033
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
I can think of one: A study in honor, by Claire O'Dell. Near future scifi from a USA in (under? what's the right word here?) civil war. The protagonist is captain Janet Idara Watson. Her room mate, the brilliant detective Sara Holmes, is aro-ace. (I bought it because the Holmes/Watson variant tempted me, but I think the book would have worked better without it. But it was still good, well worth reading.)

One of the first books in Seanan McGuire's Wayward Children series has an ace (but, I think?, not aro) protagonist. The ones I've read are crime/thriller/horror-ish. Also very good -- it's a series about those kids who come back from Narnia/Wonderland/Oz/etc, and how they deal with being back in our mundane world where noone believes or understands them.

And in T.Kingfisher's A sorceress comes to call, the protagonist is completely uninterested in sex and romance, but that may be because she's 14 (might be a late bloomer) and trying to deal with her abusive evil sorceress mother. That one is also crime/thriller/horror-ish. Strongly recommended, I missed a bus stop while reading it, and it's been a while since that happened
Minor spoiler about something that might make some readers want to avoid it:
Spoiler:
Avoid it if you don't like books where bad things happen to animals.
hildea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:53 AM   #3034
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
You always learn something new here. Had to google what aro-ace is supposed to be - never heard of it before
aromantic-asexual. Basically just a lack of romantic or sexual attraction, and yes it's possible to be one but not the other.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 05:59 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:24 AM   #3035
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Me Too
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote