Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-02-2024, 03:42 AM   #37276
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I was happily telling my sister that I was looking forward to tomorrow, the first day in weeks that I could sleep in and have nothing much planned but catching up on some things.

She had forgotten to tell me that the power company is coming by the new house tomorrow, between 8am and 4pm, to change the type of connection we have (in preparation for our future solar panels). Guess who's expected to go over there and wait for them. And she expects me to deep clean the bathroom when I'm waiting...

On Tuesday I have to go to the city center to take my blanket to the dry cleaner (no good ones near our apartment) and on Wednesday I'll have to go to the new house to put one of the bin out and then to the city center to pick up my blanket.

On Thursday and Friday the floor people are doing their thing. And initially my sister had planned to go there in the morning and open the door for them and leave them to it and go to work. Now I'm expected to be there all day "in case they have questions".

Yes, I know I don't have a job but that doesn't mean I haven't got things planned. Especially so close to the move.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 06:48 AM   #37277
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I was happily telling my sister that I was looking forward to tomorrow, the first day in weeks that I could sleep in and have nothing much planned but catching up on some things.

She had forgotten to tell me that the power company is coming by the new house tomorrow, between 8am and 4pm, to change the type of connection we have (in preparation for our future solar panels). Guess who's expected to go over there and wait for them. And she expects me to deep clean the bathroom when I'm waiting...

On Tuesday I have to go to the city center to take my blanket to the dry cleaner (no good ones near our apartment) and on Wednesday I'll have to go to the new house to put one of the bin out and then to the city center to pick up my blanket.

On Thursday and Friday the floor people are doing their thing. And initially my sister had planned to go there in the morning and open the door for them and leave them to it and go to work. Now I'm expected to be there all day "in case they have questions".

Yes, I know I don't have a job but that doesn't mean I haven't got things planned. Especially so close to the move.
Have you thought to say to your sister... sorry, I had plans and, as you haven't given me a proper warning and you were going to do it.... sorry, I'm not available...
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 08:05 PM   #37278
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
So. I was having a preprandial glass of wine in my Corkcicle wine tumbler. I took another sip and *crunch*. Now we all know that wine doesn’t *crunch*. So I spat out the *crunch* and it was a fly.

Blech! Perhaps if I’d been drinking from a traditional wine glass I’d have seen the fly before the *crunch*. But, yuck! Is this a message from the universe to stop drinking?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 08:19 PM   #37279
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
So. I was having a preprandial glass of wine in my Corkcicle wine tumbler. I took another sip and *crunch*. Now we all know that wine doesn’t *crunch*. So I spat out the *crunch* and it was a fly.

Blech! Perhaps if I’d been drinking from a traditional wine glass I’d have seen the fly before the *crunch*. But, yuck! Is this a message from the universe to stop drinking?
Maybe not. I had the same thing happen to me with a mug of tea that I was drinking out on my back deck. Definitely not the highlight of my day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 11:16 PM   #37280
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Now you know why the Chinese (Vietnamese too) have lids on their drinkin' vessels (gaiwans). They landed another spacecraft on the Dark Side of the Moon yesterday.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:19 AM   #37281
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

Yech! I think that would put me off wine, at least for a bit.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM   #37282
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Have you thought to say to your sister... sorry, I had plans and, as you haven't given me a proper warning and you were going to do it.... sorry, I'm not available...
That won't work, because everything I might have planned isn't as important as what they want me to do.

It's been a thing that my mother also did to me a lot. I did let my sister know I don't appreciate it. I think she heard me.

In her defense it's been a chaotic couple of weeks, preparing the new house for the move. On the other hand she is complaining about the fact that there's a bag with my blanket in the living room for two weeks now and why haven't I found the time to get it to the cleaner yet.

Tomorrow I'm also at the house. My father is finishing putting in the new wall sockets and switches and it's just easier and quicker to have someone there to help out.

So Wednesday is now my only day this week I can do what I need to do. Because on Thursday and Friday I'm having to be at the house in case the floor people have questions.

At least I'm getting some quality cross stitch and reading time those two days, since downstairs cleaned as far as we can clean it at the moment.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:55 AM   #37283
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
That won't work, because everything I might have planned isn't as important as what they want me to do.
Well, that's their problem, innit?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:22 AM   #37284
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
For them? Of course. Overall, they shouldn't decide. But family is family.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:25 AM   #37285
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Family can be a right PIA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM   #37286
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
An unintentional side effect of being mostly housebound is ending up getting horrible motion sickness when going in a car for more than a few minutes.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness