Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-24-2024, 05:38 AM   #1
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
Question Bluetooth page turner on Oasis?

Hello,

I have a jailbroken Kindle Oasis 10th generation (KO3) on firmware 5.14.2

I wanted to trying turning pages with a bluetooth device. On my kindle, in the settings it just says “Wireless” though I have seen from searching that others have Wireless & Bluetooth.

In Accessibility-> VoiceView Screen Reader there is “Bluetooth Devices” but it is greyed out.

I did notice that when choosing “Setup your kindle” with the phone app, the bluetooth logo appears at the top.

I normally use koreader for reading books.

I am wondering if I should upgrade the firmware to 5.16.2.1.1 and use LanguageBreak jailbreak?

Any help or guidance here would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited by iamagloworm; 05-24-2024 at 05:41 AM.
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:11 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Bluetooth on/off switch is among settings that are hidden until you register your Kindle onto Amazon account.
shamanNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:47 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Bluetooth on/off switch is among settings that are hidden until you register your Kindle onto Amazon account.
Probably because it's for listening to Audible (which need the Kindle registered) and not really great for voice-view or TTS.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 10:25 AM   #4
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
Kindle (E-Ink-based) devices only support BT devices with an A2DP profile as an audio sink for audio streaming, nothing else.

Without kernel modification, your Kindle can't see/pair/listen to remote control, keyboard, etc.

Last edited by tekkasit; 05-24-2024 at 10:27 AM.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 03:28 PM   #5
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
It would be great if Amazon baked something like that into the Kindle world. I have a friend with health issues that loves this inelegant solution (but it works) -https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08T8CZYF3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth