Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-18-2024, 07:31 AM   #16
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Wait. With access to all this information you ended up with a Kindle?

You have the link for Onyx Booxes to https://onyxboox.com/
That has all sorts of wacky models like Darwin 9 and Volta 3.
(OTOH, it looks like they are trying to purge those.)
I've always preferred https://shop.boox.com/
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 07:59 AM   #17
Guido
Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Wait. With access to all this information you ended up with a Kindle?

You have the link for Onyx Booxes to https://onyxboox.com/
That has all sorts of wacky models like Darwin 9 and Volta 3.
(OTOH, it looks like they are trying to purge those.)
LOL, well, that's what I currently have. I'm actually in the market for a color Android e-reader, but haven't decided on one yet.

For 'More info' I'm linking to onyxboox.com because that site has the full information on every model - including discontinued ones. But they also list models that they don't sell internationally, which I haven't included in the comparison table. To buy a Boox e-reader in North America it's indeed shop.boox.com, or in Europe: euroshop.boox.com. Or Amazon, as I've heard customer service on Amazon is better than on Boox.com. But I'll add links to Boox.com to check availability and pricing soon.

Last edited by Guido; 05-18-2024 at 08:02 AM.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 06:43 PM   #18
Guido
Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Guido ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have updated the comparison table; it's up to 167 different e-readers, E ink tablets, and other paper-like tablets now!

E-reader and E ink tablets by: Mobiscribe, Dasung, Xiaomi Moaan, Fijitsu Quaderno, and Hisense have been added.

I've also added RLCD tablets to compare: the newly announced Daylight Computer DC-1, and it's only two real competitors: the HannsNote2 and Eyemoo Epaper S1. They make for really interesting alternatives to reMarkable, Supernote, and the Boox Note/Tab models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Links to Boox.com have been added! Depending on your location, you'll be automatically be redirected to either shop.boox.com (for US/Canada and a few other countries) or euroshop.boox.com if you're from Europe.

For all discontinued e-reader models, I've also added Ebay.com links, so you can quickly check out if a product that isn't sold as new anymore is available as used or refurbished on Ebay, and for how much.

I don't have much of a list of products to add left, so if you're missing something, let me know!

I'm considering adding the Hisense E-ink smartphones. Other than that, there are a lot more old/discontinued models (for instance by Boox and Pocketbook) that I could add if anyone is interested.

Any other feedback is welcome as well!
Old 05-30-2024, 02:15 PM   #19
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshesAnghirrim can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Forma / Onyx Boox Page
That's a crazy pièce of work!! Congrats!

Last edited by Anghirrim; Yesterday at 09:13 AM.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM   #20
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghirrim View Post
That's a crazy pièce of work!! Contrats!
Thanks!

Tags
boox, compare, kindle, kobo, pocketbook