Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-27-2024, 08:01 PM   #4036
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
An omnibus of the first three books in Elizabeth Hunter's Irin Chronicles series is on sale right now in the US and UK, and discountable at Kobo. The included books are: The Scribe, The Singer, and The Secret. I've read and really really liked Hunter's Cambio Springs series, but haven't tried this series yet.

Kindle US, $0.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB25PXSS
Kobo US, $0.99: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...fantasy-series
Kindle UK, £0.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CB25PXSS
Kobo UK, £0.78: https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/the...fantasy-series

Note that Hunter did have a sale on bundles at her web store not too long ago, including these titles, so check carefully before you buy!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:08 PM   #4037
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
An omnibus of the first three books in Elizabeth Hunter's Irin Chronicles series is on sale right now in the US and UK, and discountable at Kobo. The included books are: The Scribe, The Singer, and The Secret. I've read and really really liked Hunter's Cambio Springs series, but haven't tried this series yet.

Note that Hunter did have a sale on bundles at her web store not too long ago, including these titles, so check carefully before you buy!
Looking at Kobo Canada, the set is priced at $1.36 Cdn (likely from a $0.99 US price on Kobo US). VIP & other discounts can be applied.

Since I already picked up that book for my spouse last time it was on sale, I had to give it a pass.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 11:40 AM   #4038
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've enjoyed Kim McDougall's Valkyrie Bestiary series, most of which I read via KU, and I remember some other folks upthread have liked it too. Which was, in fact, why I gave it a try . Now, if you don't have KU, or just want your own copies, the second and third books in the series have gone on sale, at least a little bit.

And I also noticed that there is a new one, Worlds Don't Collide, which says it is "[t]he exciting conclusion" to the series, coming out in about 10 days, on June 6.

Dervishes Don't Dance, #2
Kindle US, $1.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DP6WG6K
Kindle UK, £1.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DP6WG6K

Hell Hounds Don't Heel, #3
Kindle US, $2.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KGCW6X2
Kindle UK, £2.99: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08KGCW6X2
Old 06-02-2024, 03:29 PM   #4039
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Just in Time (Alaskan Nights #4) by Addison Fox (D-/1 star)
  • Look-Alike (Athena Force #14) by Meredith Fletcher (D/1 star)
Halfway through Resonance Surge in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
none
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 06:13 PM   #4040
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I usually think of Aliette de Bodard as a science fiction/fantasy author, but de Bodard's Fireheart Tiger is being marketed as a romantic fantasy, so I'm cross-posting it here. It's $1.99 right now in the US.

link to the post in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4429137
Old 06-09-2024, 05:58 PM   #4041
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Daughter of the Merciful Deep by Leslye Penelope (A-/5stars)
Also reread Mate so am now finished with my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 6-9.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	208773  
Old 06-13-2024, 04:14 PM   #4042
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The publisher, Joffe Books, has reached their tenth anniversary this week, and to celebrate, they are doing a book a day for free for the week. And today's free book is a romance, published by their Choc Lit imprint. I haven't read it, so no idea if it's any good, but WTH, it's free. And if I don't like it, I can delete!

A Cornish Summer at Pear Tree Farm, #1 in the Pear Tree Farm series by Angela Britnell

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHS2ZXNR
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CHS2ZXNR

Spoiler:
Quote:
What happens when a girl with a big heart but a small purse meets a fallen country music star?

Nessa Vivian inherited Pear Tree Farm from her parents. But the campsite is struggling to make ends meet.

Nessa’s determined to see her parents’ legacy thrive. It’s the perfect summer, and Cornwall should be heaving with campers. So what is she doing wrong?

Perhaps her sister is right. Caravans named after Beatles’ songs and homegrown pears aren’t enough to turn the farm into a tourist-filled haven.

Or maybe it’s something to do with Nessa’s big heart. She does have a habit of taking in troubled runaways instead of paying customers . . .

Then an American — and drop-dead gorgeous — country singer buys Tregereth House next door. Their attraction is immediate.

But their budding romance is soon tainted by secrets and competition.

Could this be the final nail in the coffin for Pear Tree Farm? Or could it be a new lease of life? Not just for the farm, but Nessa, too . . .
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #4043
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Tangerine Marmalade Murder (Luscious Delights #3) by Meg Benjamin (B-/3 stars)
  • The Mirror (Lost Bride Trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts (B+/4 stars) (ARC)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 6-16.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	208921  
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #4044
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Mirror (Lost Bride Trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts (B+/4 stars) (ARC)
Oooh... I see you gave it a B+. When Inheritance finished on a cliffhanger I said a few choice words about La Nora.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #4045
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Oooh... I see you gave it a B+. When Inheritance finished on a cliffhanger I said a few choice words about La Nora.
This one has a rather abrupt ending as well, though I would not consider it an actual cliffhanger. It's definitely a middle/bridge book.

I now have to hope I can get an ARC of book 3 too, otherwise I have to wait 17 or 18 months to read it.

Also I reread Inheritance before starting the ARC and think that helped.
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #4046
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I also have an ARC of The Mirror and although I haven't written/posted my review yet, I totally agree - it's a middle book through and through.

But I'm not sure there is going to have been enough story line for a three-book set, because part way through this one, I was wondering if it was going to be a duology. Minor spoiler:
Spoiler:
Roberts is kind of working her way through the brides, and I'm not really sure she needed to work her way through all of them in detail.
We do get some back-story that way, but some of it felt kind of inessential - although, of course, it could all turn out to be essential in the third book. Although I have my doubts. But it was fun meeting some minor new characters, such as Cleo's grand-mere. And I like the found family aspects of it a lot.

And I also agree that the end of The Mirror isn't as cliff-hanger-ish as the first one, which also really annoyed me, whereas this one, I'm kind of meh about. And then the way Roberts starts The Mirror makes what was a big cliff-hanger from the first book seem sort of pedestrian, which was also kind of annoying. Maybe I'll be surprised and the third book will be quite a firecracker, and I hope so. But for now, for me, The Mirror was kind of a yawn. I rank on stars, and I'm going to give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5 once I get my review written.

Last edited by sufue; Yesterday at 08:23 PM.
Old Today, 07:43 AM   #4047
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I'm definitely going to have to do a reread for a refresh before I read The Mirror.

It's a shame she didn't just put all of it in one big fat book. But you don't make as much money that way.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote