Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-23-2024, 11:58 AM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Question Calibre to Libra Colour metadata issues

I can't get series metadata to transfer to my Libra Colour.

Calibre is setup the same as when I had my Libra 2 (which worked perfect).
Send epub with metadata plugboard:
Format = epub
Device = Kobo
Source Template = {series} {series_index:0>5.2f| [|] - } {title}
Destination = title

Two issues with that is it's doesn't seem to be working anymore AND it's not saving my plugboards (when I close the app they disappear).

I also tried the KoboTouchExtended and still no luck.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 01:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you sending EPUB? (or KEPUB including on the fly via Extended)
BTW I do not use the Plugboard for my Kobos, They support better methods

Also, remember they need a second connect to complete the metadata.
(the first connect Adds the books basics to the DB (AKA Processing). That gives the place for additional (connections) to update. )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Libra2KUE.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	208444  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 01:14 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is your Calibre and Kobo plugins current? They recently added support for the color models?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 09:50 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Do you have automatic metadata management turned on (Preferences => Send to device). Do you have Set series information in the 3 page of the KoboTouch/KoboTouchExtended driver? You will also have to send the books to your Libra Colour, safely eject it, wait for the books to be imported and the reconnect so the series information can be sent.

And please note that setting the title from your template will do absolutely nothing on a Kobo ereader. The title will be read from the metadata not from the filename.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-23 184720.png
Views:	33
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	208454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-23 184804.png
Views:	31
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	208455  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 05:04 PM   #5
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plugins are all updated and I've tried sending epub and kepub. I've attached my settings.

I did luckily figure out how to transfer collections.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sending books to devices.png
Views:	37
Size:	749.4 KB
ID:	208470   Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboTouchExtended - metadata.png
Views:	35
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	208471   Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboTouchExtended - extended.png
Size:	520.0 KB
ID:	208472   Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboTouchExtended - collections.png
Size:	504.4 KB
ID:	208473  
Old 05-24-2024, 05:38 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at what you've posted of your setup, I'm not sure what your issue is then. I'm going to assume that you are following the send the ebooks, safely eject, let the books import, reconnect and let the metadata update to send the metadata (the import is needed for the database entries to be created).

Perhaps you were using geek1011's NickelSeries which removes the need for the 2nd step for series import?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 07:16 PM   #7
just_jeepin
Addict

OK, turns out I wasn't reconnecting the Kobo. Whats weird is I previously never had to and I never installed geek1011's NickelSeries. I did mess around with Kobo Patch Fan so I might have selected something.

Thanks everyone!

Tags
calibre, libra colour, metadata plugboard, series