Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #571
Ma'am-I-Am
Preferred pronouns: We/Us
Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ma'am-I-Am ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2
If you can't read it in the K4PC app, that means the buyer must purchase a Kindle. Or maybe Big River would just say to use their "cloud" reader. I'd ask for my money back if it was a purchased book.
Ma'am-I-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:04 PM   #572
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
If you can't read it in the K4PC app, that means the buyer must purchase a Kindle. Or maybe Big River would just say to use their "cloud" reader. I'd ask for my money back if it was a purchased book.
I got it into Calibre via the K4PC app, so there was no need to return it. Presumably Download & Transfer would have worked too (I have a couple of older Kindles still registered to my account), but I wanted to know if the Kindle for PC method worked with this book. Fortunately it did.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:47 AM   #573
jenrar
Connoisseur
jenrar began at the beginning.

Device: none
I ran into that issue too. Thankfully someone told me to install Kindle4PC and use epubor, and that has worked beautifully today for the books I bought. *grumble* I HATE that Amazon can basically hold books I PURCHASE hostage, simply because I don't WANT to use THEIR proprietary software to read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Today I came upon a book (published in May 2024) that couldn't be downloaded with the Bluestacks method - I got the error message saying that I needed to update the Android app. Books published in April still download and can be deDRMed.

So it seems this method will stop working soon enough, as new books can't be downloaded with it.

The Kindle for PC method still works with new books. And the Download & Transfer method, of course.
jenrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:04 AM   #574
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Ah, but you aren't purchasing the books. You're purchasing a license to read them on your Kindle if and where and when Amazon pleases.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 05:04 AM   #575
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrar View Post
I ran into that issue too. Thankfully someone told me to install Kindle4PC and use epubor, and that has worked beautifully today for the books I bought. *grumble* I HATE that Amazon can basically hold books I PURCHASE hostage, simply because I don't WANT to use THEIR proprietary software to read them.
There's no need to pay for epubor. Books can be deDRMed with the K4PC app, deDRM plugin 10.0.9 and the KFX Input plugin for Calibre without paying anyone anything. Unless you want to donate to the developers, of course.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 05:17 AM   #576
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Seconding the fact that there's no need for epubor. There's nothing it can do that DeDRM etc can't do.
lkmiller is online now   Reply With Quote