Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2024, 01:32 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asyd Rayn View Post
Thank you -- with your help I got NickelMenu working appreciate your patience with a newbie.
Pretty much just paying forward the help I received over the years. We all started as newbies.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:46 PM   #17
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparajoy View Post
For the record, I can still launch and run the games on my clara colour using 4.39.xxx, but I have to use a command on NickelMenu to do it. The games are still there (for now) they just removed all the buttons to launch it.
I don't understand programming. Who would remove the launch buttons and then not remove the programs they launch? Is there no benefit from minimizing the code?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 01:56 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I don't understand programming. Who would remove the launch buttons and then not remove the programs they launch? Is there no benefit from minimizing the code?
Perhaps they didn't yet add the GUI "buttons", or have not yet removed the code (in case something is using bits of it).

In my experience of managing programmers, a few of them don't much understand it either. Some managers are also a problem.

Minimizing code? Once MS had a hidden Flight Simulator in a version of Excel!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 02:36 PM   #19
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.shyhermit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Thank you, DNSB! Another reason to install NickelMenu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
So something like this in your NickelMenu config file?

Code:
#
menu_item : main    : Unblock_It         : nickel_extras  :  unblock_it
menu_item : main    : Sketch_Pad         : nickel_extras  :  sketch_pad
menu_item : main    : Solitaire          : nickel_extras  :  solitaire
menu_item : main    : Sudoku             : nickel_extras  :  sudoku
menu_item : main    : Word_Scramble      : nickel_extras  :  word_scramble
#
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 04:00 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asyd Rayn View Post
Thank you -- with your help I got NickelMenu working appreciate your patience with a newbie.
We were all newbies once.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 01:18 AM   #21
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpearn View Post
devmodeon search from the Home screen turns dev mode on
I've tried that, and I get a search page with a pulldown menu (Kobo Store, Dictionary, etc.) but don't get devmode.

Am I doing something wrong?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 05:00 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I've tried that, and I get a search page with a pulldown menu (Kobo Store, Dictionary, etc.) but don't get devmode.

Am I doing something wrong?
On the search screen, type "devmodeon" without the quotes in the search box. Then tap the magnifying glass icon to do the search. The search will not return any results but you should now see Developer Options at the bottom of the Device Information page. I generally do the search on My Books but I think it will work on any of the search options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	42
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	208393  

Last edited by DNSB; 05-19-2024 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Added image for search results
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 06:22 PM   #23
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Thank you!

I don't usually 'mess around' with my devices, so it's nice to have the advice of those with more expertise.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote