Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-17-2024, 08:01 AM   #1
MGA
Enthusiast
MGA began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Clara
Handling images (DOCX to EPUB conversion in Calibre)

Greetings,

I am working on an EPUB, using Calibre (version: 7.10.0), with DOCX from LibreOffice as input format.

I am having an issue with a cople of images that I can't manage to display in the proper size on my Kobo Clara reader.

The reader zooms in too much and I have not managed to find any alternatives to edit and adjust this in the Calibre interface. So I wonder if there is a way to add some kind of code that says "fit to screen automatically" for each particular image?

Would be very grateful for help!
MGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:04 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Use an SVG wrapper.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:57 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Use an SVG wrapper.
Or sometimes set width to 66.67% or 75% and height auto in the CSS, if the image is landscape shape. An SVG wrapper for a full-screen image.
As long as they have nothing else on the same line.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote