Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-24-2024, 04:03 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
How to run a portable calire without using portable calibre exe

Hi is it possible to run calibre portable without running its exe launcher. My work pc now only allows white listed exe files. Usually every new calibre.exe gets whitelisted after an update very quickly but the calibre portable does not unless manually whitelisted by our admin. So I was wondering if I could launch the calibre.exe directly instead of using the portable launcher. Currently I install the calibre portable in a different location and then overwrite the calibre folder with the new files and leaving the launcher files alone.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 04:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
well you can just set the env vars for the config directory and cache directory as described in https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables

and run calibre like that. It wont be a "portable" calibre but it will use the specified config and cache locations.

There is an calibre-portable.bat file in the resources folder of the calibre install that does this for you but I dont know how up to date/maintained it is.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote