Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #361
lensmann
Zealot
lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox Max 2, ThinkBook Plus Gen 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Now I know, why I received no anwers...

I'm shocked:
It's not possible to send web articles without losing pictures to the Kobo Libra...
As someone who's been using Pocket on Kobo since the feature was first released, I'm a little startled to read this. Images usually transfer over very well for me. But it depends to some extent on how the website is configured, so it may well be that some websites only transfer text to Pocket.

Going back to your query on annotations, Pocket's client for Kobo doesn't support highlighting, unfortunately, unlike their iOS and Android clients. If you want to annotate webpages, the easiest workflow is:

(a) use a browser plugin like EpubPress or similar to download your page as an epub
(b) wirelessly sync the epub to your Kobo via the built-in Dropbox or Google Drive sync

You'll then have an epub you can annotate or highlight using Kobo's built-in tools, and from which you can extract highlights using any of the methods available for epubs.
lensmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:25 AM   #362
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Just got my freshly ordered Kobo Libra Color. Following the thread I expected a slightly worse b&w Screen quality, but the device I got is worse then expected.

The Screen is much darker, about 85% Light setting is equivalent to 20% on my sage.
The colour of the comfort Light in its whitest/coolest setting is still warmer then my current default Temperature on the sage which ist roughly 15%.
There is a to me quite visible grid about 1x1 milimeters visible in most angles.
There is a slight rainbowy moire effect even after cleaning the screen.
To me the screen feels more like an old LCD then a booklike epaper experience.

To be fair I was always One of those people that was very prone to notice colour gradient and Light uneveness in the early frontlights, so your milage may vary. But if you are succeptible to this aswell, avoid this Generation of screens.

In Addition the body itself fells just like plain plastic to the Touch, with no anti-slip rubberized coating.

Last edited by ewphoenix123; Today at 11:31 AM.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #363
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
That is rather extreme. With my Sage set at 20% (warm light off) my Libra Colour's equivalent is 25-26%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
Just got my freshly ordered Kobo Libra Color. Following the thread I expected a slightly worse b&w Screen quality, but the device I got is worse then expected.

The Screen is much darker, about 85% Light setting is equivalent to 20% on my sage.
The colour of the comfort Light in its whitest/coolest setting is still warmer then my current default Temperature on the sage which ist roughly 15%.
There is a to me quite visible grid about 1x1 milimeters visible in most angles.
There is a slight rainbowy moire effect even after cleaning the screen.
To me the screen feels more like an old LCD then a booklike epaper experience.

To be fair I was always One of those people that was very prone to notice colour gradient and Light uneveness in the early frontlights, so your milage may vary. But if you are succeptible to this aswell, avoid this Generation of screens.

In Addition the body itself fells just like plain plastic to the Touch, with no anti-slip rubberized coating.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #364
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
From asking someone who has both a Libra Colour and a Libra 2, you need to have the light on the LC up at about 15-20% to get a similar brightness to the L2 with no light. That to me is too dark.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #365
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I don't normally have any frontlight on H2O original, Libra, Libra 2, Sage or Elipsa.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:55 PM   #366
Bald Eagle
Connoisseur
Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bald Eagle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra Colour
Indoors I set the light to ~20%. This gives the screen a whitish appearance. Outdoors the ambient light easily outshines the front light so the screen is just kind of grey. I got used to it.
Bald Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #367
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It's interesting how opinions on Kaleido 3 vary so widely. Some people think it's amazing, and some people hate it. I selfishly hope that enough people hate it and return their Libra Colours that Kobo will release a Libra BW.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote