Notices

Old 06-09-2024, 09:11 AM   #1546
axu2
Connoisseur
axu2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrotronics View Post
I have a couple of comics that are in zip format, any way to get them into mobi/epub
Kcc supports zip, cbz, etc.

Last edited by axu2; 06-09-2024 at 11:04 AM.
axu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 12:43 PM   #1547
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!jackm8 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrotronics View Post
I have a couple of comics that are in zip format, any way to get them into mobi/epub
If you're on Scribe, the best way is to convert them into fixed format kfx.

1. Extract images from zip format.
2. Create .kpf file out of them in Kindle Create. Make sure the order is right. If zip file was correctly created, it will be easy. It's possible to do panels in that program, and even though Kindle Create will report error when trying to create files larger than 650mb, .kpf file will still be created and in many cases work. In my experiences, 1.8 gb file worked, but I had to split 3gb file into two documents.
3. Convert .kpf into .kfx with kfx output plugin with 'personal documents' option enabled. (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272407)
— Read (Command Line Interface, and Comics and Manga section for detail.)
— Calibre and Kindle Previewer needs to be installed for the plugin to work.
4. Connect scribe to computer and upload the files that way.

Last edited by jackm8; 06-11-2024 at 12:51 PM.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM   #1548
sixlegs
sixlegs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Adobe Editions DRM error with KCC files

Hello, I'm receiving an interesting error sometimes when converting certain manga from either cbz or a directory of images. I am using Calibre, and have a Kobo Libra 2.

Converting manga from either cbz or a folder to an kepub/epub and then importing and sending to the Libra via Calibre sometimes results in files that apparently have Adobe Editions DRM on it.

This error isn't across all manga, only some specific ones interestingly. Of the manga with the error message, the error occurs regardless of what my pre-KCC file conversion is.

I've got the DeDRM plugin, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Has anyone else seen a similar error before?
sixlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM   #1549
axu2
Connoisseur
axu2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Does the problem occur if you load the kepub directly via usb and not using calibre?

Also, how is the quality of kfx vs kcc on the scribe?
axu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #1550
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlegs View Post
Converting manga from either cbz or a folder to an kepub/epub and then importing and sending to the Libra via Calibre sometimes results in files that apparently have Adobe Editions DRM on it.

This error isn't across all manga, only some specific ones interestingly. Of the manga with the error message, the error occurs regardless of what my pre-KCC file conversion is.
I have seen that issue on several Kobo ereaders and read reports by others of the same issue. The easy fix is to reboot your Kobo. One of those issues that Kobo is aware of but it happens so seldom making it a total pain to reproduce and fix.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools