Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-12-2024, 08:03 AM   #46
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradles View Post
I've uploaded a new version which fixes the 403 Forbidden error. As I suspected, Cloudflare was blocking the request due to the user agent, so it was simply a matter of adding a header to the request.

calibre should recognize there's an updated version in the fullness of time.
Error is back
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 07:49 PM   #47
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Apple Books & Kobo Libra H20
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Wiggo. It seems the user agent needed to be changed again. I've uploaded a new version that should fix the error. If not, let me know...
Bradles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 10:21 AM   #48
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Works again.

Thank you so much, Bradles!
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 02:51 PM   #49
tlwright
tlwright began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet; Kindle PW; Fire 10
Not sure if it's from the update or an older version but I'm unable to load my LT books to match in Calibre. Gives me an error
Quote:
" JSONDecodeError('Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)')
I went to make sure my username was correct and I was signed into the site. I have my settings as a screenshot if that helps.

Last edited by tlwright; 05-14-2024 at 02:54 PM. Reason: removed image
tlwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:27 PM   #50
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Bradles is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwright View Post
JSONDecodeError
Some possibilities with this error:
  • Max results is not filled in.
  • Your config file is empty or corrupt. Physically check the file in the calibre config file location, which for me is
    Code:
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins
  • There's a non-printing character in a book title. try changing to the "sample" library (user: sample, collection empty and taglist empty) and doing a test connection

If no luck I'll look into it further.
Old 05-21-2024, 02:14 PM   #51
tlwright

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I hadn't opened calibre in a week, and didn't remember to check here earlier.

Code:
{
  "librarything_coll": "All collections",
  "librarything_id_column": "#librarything_id",
  "librarything_key": "not required",
  "librarything_rating_column": "#librarything_rating",
  "librarything_sort": "author,title",
  "librarything_taglist": "",
  "librarything_user": "tlwright",
  "max_results": "100",
  "probable_match_threshold": "90",
  "use_calibre_identifier": true
}
is the contents of my file, and I've attached a screenshot of the error message plus what it looks like after I click the LT match icon in my toolbar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-21 140953 (Medium).png
Views:	17
Size:	739.5 KB
ID:	208425  
Old 05-21-2024, 08:01 PM   #52
Bradles
Connoisseur

tlwright:

I strongly suspect that the issue is weird characters in one or more book titles or author fields in LT. For example, you have this book in your collection:

Note that foreign language characters (Unicode) and accents (ë, õ, â, etc.) should be fine.

The method I am using to retrieve your LT books is "all or nothing". I either get all the books or nothing at all, so I can't "check" the books for errors before displaying.

I was able to retrieve your books using the tag Cooking, so there's nothing wrong with your configuration or library.

I'll reach out to the calibre "Development" forum and see if there's any way to improve the situation.

In the meantime, if you're really set on using LT Match, you could check your LT catalog for weird characters in the title or author fields. Exporting your catalog to Excel might be the easiest way to do this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-22 074617.png
Views:	47
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	208429  
Old 05-24-2024, 03:18 AM   #53
tlwright

It looks like I need to do a little cleanup in my library, lol. Thank you! I'll do some housekeeping, and see if that fixes the issue. LT did some funky things to a previous GR import, so that may be the cause.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:06 PM   #54
Bradles
Connoisseur

Yeah, you're not the first user to face this issue...

I did some more research and found that LibraryThing returns no results if any book in the result set has corrupt data. The response code is 200 (OK) but 0 bytes are returned to LT Match and that's why I'm getting an error trying to interpret 0 bytes as if it was data. I can handle this scenario better in terms of showing a more informative error message, but that doesn't help you much.

I've reached out to the LibraryThing developers, to see if the situation can be improved from their end. I'm not expecting to hear back until after the holiday weekend.

Stay tuned...

Tags
calibre, librarything, ltmatch