Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #16
Crescendo63
Crescendo63 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescendo63 View Post
Anyway, I experimented with "non-List" indented paragraph, the way you use them, and I found a set of parameters that work ok.
I spoke too soon.

I have composed several Word test docs with different indenting in text lines (not Word's List attribute), and when converting to ePub Calibre screws the alignment in all of them (i.e. words are not aligned; see image below). BTW, this happens in both Calibre 3 on Mac, and Calibre 7 on Windows.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capire gli altri D NoLIST B W7.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	208719

So it looks like I have two options:
- Using Word's List attribute for lists, and having an excessive indent but correct alignment (my original problem).
- Using manual indenting for lists, and having correct indenting but wrong alignment.
Bummer
Of course I could edit the stylesheet.css and correct the issue, but I think it's silly that Calibre stumbles on such a simple thing.

I have to conclude that Calibre kind of sucks in converting lists; or, at least, it does in my case when converting my Word docs into ePubs.
Crescendo63 is offline   Reply With Quote