Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-25-2024, 11:23 AM   #1
Jindam
Jindam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry koreader v2024.04 android img turning w/b on reflow

* download "A Delicate Choreography"_ https://library.oapen.org/bitstream/...3111014548.pdf
* search_ Fig. 53: Daddys harem
* go to page containing image or figure 53
* notice image is in colour
* "turn on" **Reflow** to "on"
* image is no longer in colour, however,
it is in white and black
* is this correct?
Jindam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 04:11 PM   #2
jonnyl
Enthusiast
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
This is probably because Reflow mode depends on K2pdfopt to process the document, which has b/w as its default output option. To my knowledge, it is currently not possible to change that within KOReader.

I believe that an update to the internal K2pdfopt library is currently in development. When it will be available and whether or not color output will then be supported via Reflow I can't answer unfortunately.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 03:46 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I doubt it's explicitly planned in that sense; that's just an update of the code, but in any case it wouldn't make much sense to add it until such a thing is done.

Presumably a switch doesn't make much sense (other than the global b&w vs color switch already in the settings menu); it'll just need to tap into it.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 10:13 AM   #4
Jindam
Jindam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Presumably a switch doesn't make much sense (other than the global b&w vs color switch already in the settings menu); it'll just need to tap into it.
* did you mean_ screen_ color rendering
* it was enabled
Jindam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 05:05 PM   #5
jonnyl
Enthusiast
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Yes, that's what was meant. The color setting currently has no effect on Reflow mode because Reflow uses a different rendering engine under the hood (K2pdfopt).
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflow