Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2024, 07:06 PM   #901
hexhexhex
hexhexhex began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thanks for sharing this

I'm trying to get up to speed on kindle jailbreaking so I can (hopefully) contribute in the future. Do you have a writeup on the exploit being used here? From the exploit code I'm assuming it has something to do with dictionary parsing.

hexhexhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:36 PM   #902
hexhexhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexhexhex View Post
thanks for sharing this

I'm trying to get up to speed on kindle jailbreaking so I can (hopefully) contribute in the future. Do you have a writeup on the exploit being used here? From the exploit code I'm assuming it has something to do with dictionary parsing.

digging a bit more seems like it exploited `system()` call in `langpicker.so.1.0:module_langpicker_utilDeleteExt raDictionaries()`

Is this it?
Old 06-10-2024, 08:03 PM   #903
hexhexhex

Quote:
digging a bit more seems like it exploited `system()` call in `langpicker.so.1.0:module_langpicker_utilDeleteExt raDictionaries()`

Is this it?
Ok confirmed what I had seen (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=356766)

Sorry for the multiple messages; I'm new to the forum and I can't see a way to edit/update a previous message.

Thanks for making and sharing this jailbreak.
Old 06-11-2024, 01:32 AM   #904
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:

Is this it?
Yep that's it
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 07:57 PM   #905
ftzlotus
ftzlotus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I just got a pw3 and accidentally let is autoupdate to 5.16.2.1, and i thought im done.

Thank you so much. After get out of managed mode and reboot a lot i figured that i have to reinstall the hotfix using MRPI not UYK

I only installed from this thread and binaryrenamer, im safe to log in amazon and turn on wifi, right?
ftzlotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 08:00 PM   #906
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
You have to install and run binaryrenamer.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak